Front wheel bearings

ChosenOne

Question

Hello again; I recently changed all the brake pads and brake discs plus both rear wheel bearings but now I noticed that either one or both the front wheels bearing scream like crazy, especially between 90 - 100 km/h !

My parts guy can't tell me precisely what I need because he's not sure if the wheel bearing comes with the hub or no. Could you guys help me out here please ? Does the bearing come with the hub ? If not, does anybody know the size of the wheel bearing ? Thanks!

7 answers to this question

The bearing comes appart of the hub. You only have to change it. Its not dificult but you will need a hydraulic press to put it on, so maybe better to do by a professional.

I cant tell you the size of the bearing but with the car model your car parts guy should not have problems to find it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

So I got all the bearings replaced (all four of them) but the car is still noisy at 100+ km/h ! What else could cause the noise ? My EK Civic is super silent at such speed but the Aerodeck is pretty loud

Winter tyres could also be causing your issues.

Like already mentioned by Daniel.....try swapping the front wheels with the back ones.

If you still have no joy it's time to start looking at your drive shafts.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much guys (: I'll look into it! I already ordered new tires because I found out that the ones I bought are actually the cheapest winter tires on the market here (23 euros a piece) and I'm really not sure why the hell I bought them. I hope that will be issue :D

Deffo change the tyres front to back mate. Does the noise seem to come from the front, and if so any particular side? There can be a few things cause this, such as a caliper binding. I have a noise front the drivers side front on the deck just now due to the caliper binding (quite badly in this case!) so get a droning noise from it. Are you seeing more brake dust on one wheel compared to the other?