Aerodeck mc2 vti drifting in Lane!

Ashley meekings

Question

Hi all, again I'm normally good at problem solving on cars as qualified mechanic myself. 

My aerodeck has been neglected for a while as had career change an it's took me while to get onto better money so has a few issues I'm slowly sorting

I had two new front tyres an tracking done. Now when cruising sort of 50mph upwards in 5th gear on the dually. If I slowly press the throttle, but making sure the steering is straight, the car effectively crabs over to the right of the lane, not I'm a dangerous snatchy way, but a smooth but definatele glide straight over, an when I let off the throttle it them returns to the left of the lane. 

The cars issues which could be related are as follows 

Both track rod ends worn but not split, I have 1 lower ball joint worn but not split

Both upper ball joints need replacing 

And I have a split drive shaft oil seal due to recent clutch change. 

My front pads are pretty much finished, have ordered more but they may be shifting. Could any of those issues be causing the car to drift/glide like 4 or 5 foot to the right an left when the steering is dead straight? Scratching my head 

• Like 1

Check that the pressures are both okay... I've had this before and thought that there was something wrong but was just pressures.

Seems to affect some tyres more than others... My winter tyres don't do it and their pressures can be all over the place sometimes due to being in my old standard rims. 

My car used to behave in a similar fashion........my bottom balljoints were the offenders.

In your case it's tricky because you mentioned you have several worn steering components.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

P.S.  beats me how the tyre fitter managed to track such a car....lol

@noodels they're okay I've seen alot worse, they're in tact an @UnicyclingTom I have been thinking lsd. It's abit funny sometimes accelerating out of a corner. But I have a damaged drive shaft oil seal cause of a recent clutch change, could this affect it? 

There's a method to check the lsd in the service  manual - something like jack the front of the car up, and with the engine off and the car in gear (first?)  rotate one wheel by hand, and the other should turn the opposite way. Be worth double checking that I've got that all right, but from memory it's something along those lines.