Honda Maz's Pirates Black VTI Aerodeck

ammarbm

5 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Love the purple pop ;)

Off topic a bit... How come photobucket still works for you bud? Have you paid for the upgraded account? @ammarbm

Actually, just seen that photobucket have decided to stop being twats and have restored the free linking service! friday.gif1

My old pics in my thread work again! applause.gif1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Love the purple pop ;)

Off topic a bit... How come photobucket still works for you bud? Have you paid for the upgraded account? @ammarbm

Never paid for it mate. It's always worked fine for me. Easier to upload pics from there as there is no size restriction. 

• 4 weeks later...

Next I decided to sort the fog lights out. Just needed one light which I found in a scrapyard. Yellow glass paint and also colour coded the surrounds.

IMG_20180810_181308_278.jpg

Massive improvement I think

IMG_20180810_181640_111.jpg

Go nicely with the side lights but I am thinking of matching them yellow with the fogs

IMG_20180812_101616_052.jpg

• Like 1

Think that would look pretty cool mate. Liking that yellow light paint, how many coats did you need to put on? Looks a lot better than the yellow film I had on Ruby at one point, which just went all crusty.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 9:36 PM, Dave said:

Think that would look pretty cool mate. Liking that yellow light paint, how many coats did you need to put on? Looks a lot better than the yellow film I had on Ruby at one point, which just went all crusty.

Thanks mate. Yeah the paint looks much better than the film. I do 3 to 4 coats until I am satisfied with the colour 

• Like 1

I always am surprised about the difference that clear side repeaters make. The orange ones look really dated in comparison. 

Liking the light transformations you've been doing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I always am surprised about the difference that clear side repeaters make. The orange ones look really dated in comparison. 

Liking the light transformations you've been doing. 

You are right mate. They should have done clear indicators and de chromed headlights on VTI and VTIS as standard

• Like 1

Next up I decided to make a mesh grill myself. Got help from a couple of guys on Facebook who guided me and also followed the guide on the forum and in the end I was so pleased I tried it. I will do a little write up here that should fill some areas not covered in the guide. 

Here is the grill. I had a spare one to work on which is always a good idea. I opened all the screws at the back and took the surround off 

DSC_0940.jpg

Started cutting the slats with a dremmel leaving the areas where the bolts go in the back

DSC_0941.jpg

I cut much more than what was shown in the guide. I only left the areas where the bolts go and cut everything else. I also left the centre where the H fits so that it's easier to fit it

DSC_0942.jpg

Next I placed the mesh at the back of the surround and fit it into the areas where the screws go to hold it in place

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_0946.jpg

Then I cut the mesh around the surround

DSC_0948.jpg

After that I just sprayed the mesh and the surround and even the plastic backing all in Pirates Black

DSC_0943.jpg

After that I fit the surround back

DSC_0949.jpg

The I put the H on and fitted the grill back. Love how it's turned out 

DSC_0951.jpg

I did realise that the metal bar in the back didn't look as good as the freshly sprayed grill so I sprayed that also and that looked even better

DSC_0959.jpg

Front has started to look good with the mesh grill fitted:x

IMG_20180816_190939_483.jpg

• Like 1