Honda Maz's Pirates Black VTI Aerodeck

ammarbm

10 hours ago, Dave said:

Looks so clean! The dechromed headlights always go well on pirates black, looks sweet! And nice one on the MOT, she's in great health!

Ps: we need to see this over on Future Classic Cars! 

Thanks mate. Yes I wish they had put de chromed headlights as standard on VTI and VTIS as standard like the Accord Type R. Look thousand times better than chrome. I will definitely have a look at the other forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

Nice job 8-)

Should've whipped out the resonator box while you had the bumper out :wink:

I thought about it mate but then I thought there is an induction kit and the pipe isn't connected anyways to it. Do you think it would still make some difference? 

8 hours ago, ammarbm said:

I thought about it mate but then I thought there is an induction kit and the pipe isn't connected anyways to it. Do you think it would still make some difference? 

Not really :-D I mentioned it because I spotted the induction kit... It's just that it's an extra bit of gubbins that's not needed anymore ;-)

I suppose taking it out might make a path for air to come into the engine bay, but likely to be such a small effect. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 1:42 AM, AJCivic said:

Liking the mods mate! I like the dechromed headlights, if a set came up near to me I'd go for them. And of course look good on the black. Yellow lights too. Looks cool. :-D

Thanks mate. There is a guide here on the forum. They are not too difficult to do. You just need a good sealant to seal them back properly. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:13 AM, dr_broon said:

Not really :-D I mentioned it because I spotted the induction kit... It's just that it's an extra bit of gubbins that's not needed anymore ;-)

I suppose taking it out might make a path for air to come into the engine bay, but likely to be such a small effect. 

Makes sense. I will rip it out next time the bumper is off :-D

Next update. Got fed up of dirty white wheels all the time so I decided to do something different with them. So I got a couple of cans of Pirates Black from my local paint shop and the results were amazing :x

DSC_1060.jpg

IMG_20180926_122600_546.jpg

IMG_20180926_122600_547.jpg

IMG_20180926_235818_571.jpg

Centre caps colour coded

IMG_20180930_152200_798.jpg

IMG_20180930_152200_796.jpg

This time I decided to go slightly different for the stickers so I ordered chrome gold H stickers. These are much brighter than normal ones and look really nice

IMG_20180930_152200_799.jpg

Go perfect with the gold calipers :x

IMG_20181001_225309_549.jpg

Look at that flip :x

IMG_20181001_225531_763.jpg

• Like 2