Hello to anyone reading :)

Meet Gladys, a lovely 1999 Civic with only 87k on the clock :)

Looking for nice easy modifications to help get some of the power back that would have been lost over the years?

After having 2 owners from new it's safe to say she has never seen a modification and it's always been a thing of mine and having a Civic. 

Will be posting new things that are done if anyone would be interested in seeing its progression as it goes from ultra standard to hopefully a head turner for the right reasons, also she will have neons. If you're not a fan then here is the pre-warning on that. Car never came with a luxurious interior, well cream WAS a thing in the 90's. Not so much now :/ 

Happy for any advice to be given as long as it's not a hater type of opinion. Stay open minded :)

Hoping to meet you guys in the near future! 

Thanks

2018-02-12_09_36_35.jpg

2018-02-12_09_34_38.jpg

welcometocivic5smile

Looks a tidy example there.

Plenty of build threads to read that may give you some inspiration.

As for clawing back lost power, maintenance work is your friend.

I wouldn't worry too much about power if this is indeed your first car. Plus the D16 isn't worth spending loads on for power unless you're going to boost it.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Hey Krzys,

Thank's for that, I appreciate it :) 

First job im doing is oil, plugs, filter's ect. I don't know a lot about this engine apart from is being a D16W3. At some point I would like to upgrade that to a different engine all together but that's a future project :)

With these civic's whats the best spark plugs to use? I've heard the Bosch quantum tips plugs are not so good. 

Nice tidy car mate :),  my car behaves perfectly with NGK spark plugs but others may suggest premium plugs.

Once you service your engine you should reset the ECU. (there is a "How to reset your ECU on here somewhere)

I'm too long in the tooth to bothered modding my own car but I do enjoy seeing how cars turn out so good luck with your plans.

Edited by Gel
Clarity

Morning all :)

Appreciate the welcome! 

I had a choice of this car and colour or the same but in a worn out green colour. I think I chose wisely haha. Came with a couple of advisories such as track rod ball joints worn both side and anti roll links worn. From what I can see they look simple enough but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the advise with the plugs too. Will get NGK, is there a specific plug so I can order the right ones?

Thanks again guys!  Nice warm welcome :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gel said:

I'm too long in the tooth to bothered modding my own car but I do enjoy seeing how cars turn out so good luck with your plans.

Never too long in the tooth mate, one of my friends is 58 soon and has a 630bhp R32 GTR :D

• Like 2