Projectors look good mate, look the same as mine but chrome!! How did you go about fixing them and what bulbs do they take... mine only seem to take H1’s right now but apparently they can be adjusted to take H4’s or H7’s... have you got a photo of the back of your projector units before you fitted them at all? 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:49 AM, AJCivic said:

Hi Mark, great reading about your dedication to your Aerodeck, waiting years to buy one and then getting it repaired after 2 accidents, not many would treat it the same. :D

Interesting that your MC2 doesn’t come standard with a rear sway/anti roll bar, I was under the impression they all did? Although I do see an extra bar in between where the LCA’s attach to the subframe, is that standard on all Aerodeck models..? 

If I remember correctly Jamie, Honda did not fit the rear ARB to Aerodecks for some reason. Any that you do see have been retro fitted.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, MarkHuntsman said:

While i was writing that wall of text, i forgot to ask for your opinion on Predator Fast Road brake pads from Black Diamond and ATM Mikoda brake discs.

Somewhere i found, that Mikoda, even though the are company from poland, produces brake discs for brembo europe, and friend of mine recomended them as he has their slotted discs on B18C4 swapped EK4.

Also, i am again taking a closer look at honda legend frond brake calipers, as the should be direct fit, but are dual piston...

As plans for near future go, i am considering a hardrace rear sway bar, since i cant get MG ZR/ZS one cheap in my area, and with shipping they cost about the same.

Great to see your dedication ton this Aerodeck continues mate. Nice job on the projectors, they look sweet! Regarding the brakes, I had Black Diamond brake discs and pads on my 1.4 MA8 Civic and hated them! The pads used to suffer from brake fade regulary, and the discs warped very easily. This put me off the Black Diamond products, although that was a very long time ago so not sure if they have improved now? I haven't heard of Mikoda, but if they produce stuff for Brembo then I would think they must be a great product.  I would look for reviews on them on the internet then male your choice based on that. Keep up the god work and lets ssee some more pics of your Aerodeck

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:49 AM, AJCivic said:

Hi Mark, great reading about your dedication to your Aerodeck, waiting years to buy one and then getting it repaired after 2 accidents, not many would treat it the same. :D

Interesting that your MC2 doesn’t come standard with a rear sway/anti roll bar, I was under the impression they all did? Although I do see an extra bar in between where the LCA’s attach to the subframe, is that standard on all Aerodeck models..? 

As far as i know, aerodecks came without rear ARB and that bit/bar you see there is just a rear lower tie bar, which supports the LCA mounts in subframe. I dont know where that came from, but it was there when i bought it, but i have not seen one like this one in shops.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, snakey135 said:

Projectors look good mate, look the same as mine but chrome!! How did you go about fixing them and what bulbs do they take... mine only seem to take H1’s right now but apparently they can be adjusted to take H4’s or H7’s... have you got a photo of the back of your projector units before you fitted them at all? 

Mine are aliexpress special 2.5" mini projectors, they take only H1 bulb, but i have to yet confirm that. They came with H4 and H7 adapters, what means you take out the bulb retainer from standard headlight, slide the back side of the projector through the hole for the bulb, slide the adapter plate onto the projector from the back and then tighten a retaining nut. I think you can see the installation if you search on ytb for "morimoto mini H1 install" or something like that, as these seem to be quite close to the construction and mounting process as morimoto 2.5" mini h1 projectors. I will take some photos when i get home after the holidays.

54 minutes ago, Dave said:

Great to see your dedication ton this Aerodeck continues mate. Nice job on the projectors, they look sweet! Regarding the brakes, I had Black Diamond brake discs and pads on my 1.4 MA8 Civic and hated them! The pads used to suffer from brake fade regulary, and the discs warped very easily. This put me off the Black Diamond products, although that was a very long time ago so not sure if they have improved now? I haven't heard of Mikoda, but if they produce stuff for Brembo then I would think they must be a great product.  I would look for reviews on them on the internet then male your choice based on that. Keep up the god work and lets ssee some more pics of your Aerodeck

Thanks for the info. Guy that runs the shop where i ordered the pads called me after i placed the order. He asked me two things, first, if i can provide him VIN number, to check fitment. Second thing he asked, if i race hillclimb, or track, i said no, just road use and if he would be more likely to recommend EBC... No, only for road use, predators are great, as they have much higher friction coeficient than greenstuff and they brake better when cold, but they do overheat and fade on track.

About those mikoda discs, i found some comments on them. There were two completely different opinions on them, either people said they are great, or people that said they dont trust them, since they are suspicious how cheap they are made in poland. But have not found one saying someone had them and had problems. I will see when i fit them.

• Like 1