Door panel removal MB3

Antal

Looks like you have an early model with manual window/wing mirror? 

Don't know if it will be the same but on my MB2 I just removed the handle screws and the black trim panel style screw under the wing mirror (looks like you have already done this) then pull on the door card starting at the bottom, popping out the clips as you work your way round. Speaker cover comes off with the panel. 

• 3 months later...

Did you manage to get the door panel off? I'm trying to get to the wiring in my door, but somehow I could not get the panel loose. There are 2 bolts in the handgrip, one in the handle and one obvious one below the mirror. Should I just use a screw driver to flip the door handle and the window handle out? Am I missing anything to remove the panel?

22 minutes ago, Oswin said:

Did you manage to get the door panel off? I'm trying to get to the wiring in my door, but somehow I could not get the panel loose. There are 2 bolts in the handgrip, one in the handle and one obvious one below the mirror. Should I just use a screw driver to flip the door handle and the window handle out? Am I missing anything to remove the panel?

Once you remove the handle that you open the door with, it slides one way or the other (can't remember which) and pops out towards you, then start pulling on the door card from the bottom, the whole thing should come off. I left the handle attached, just manoeuvred the door card around and over it (but this started snapping the little clips so it's better to pop those off) 

So if I want my clips to stay intact I should try to remove the handle? I put on quite some force but it did not seem to endow sadly.... Will try again with the door handle removed though, maybe that helps. Where are the clips located approximately though, and how can I get rid of those?

I'm not 100% what it's called but the clip secures the rod to the inside of the handle where it slides through a hole to open the door. It'll be green or white (my driver's door was green, the rest white) 

What I did the first few times was to remove the door card starting at the bottom prying it out when everything was loose, then pull the handle piece forwards and because I couldn't detach the rod clip from that position I turned the whole door card 90 degrees and manoeuvred the handle through the cutout while it was still attached. Awkward though. 

The bigger door handle doesn't come off from the door card just so you know. It stays on. 

14 minutes ago, AJCivic said:

I'm not 100% what it's called but the clip secures the rod to the inside of the handle where it slides through a hole to open the door. It'll be green or white (my driver's door was green, the rest white) 

What I did the first few times was to remove the door card starting at the bottom prying it out when everything was loose, then pull the handle piece forwards and because I couldn't detach the rod clip from that position I turned the whole door card 90 degrees and manoeuvred the handle through the cutout while it was still attached. Awkward though. 

The bigger door handle doesn't come off from the door card just so you know. It stays on. 

Okey so those screws are only removed to be able to move the door card. I will look into it, thank you!

Yes.. Sorry if I was confusing. There wasn't really a set 1-2-3 when I removed mine it was just doing whatever got it off.

the inner door handle should pop out slightly when you take the screw out and slide it backwards (I think) and you'll be able to see then. 

Sorry for the late reaction.

The door handle is 1 screw, then push towards the right (if its a doorpanel on the right side of your car). Should come off, then pry away the plastic clip on the metal bar to remove the  handle.

If you have manual door windows, remove the handle, there is a metal clip on the inside. I made some room with a couple of screwdrivers and pulled it out.

The screws in your hand grip of the door + the top one in the corner.

Then its pulling the bottom and outward side of your door panel loose and tilt it upward on the right side. I hope this is clear. On the left side of your right door panel the clips wont come off easily they need to be pushed out downwards.