12V fuse on a 7.5V slot & Clock bulb

Boosted

Hey

I'm not too bright when it comes to electrics so excuse my ignorance. 

I bought an LED interior light, but dumb me bought a 12v light instead of a 7.5v and naturally, the 7.5v fuse didn't like that very much and blew, so I'm thinking, would there be a problem if I replaced the 7.5v fuse with a 12v?

Also, the clock bulb went out, I've tried reaching it through the stereo slot but my hands are too big, is there any other way to get to it that doesn't involve taking apart the center console?

Thanks

I never even checked what the led bulb was in mine. just chucked one in I had spare and it's been sweet for months now. still didn't make much difference lighting the car up inside though :lol:

For the clock bulb, I made the stupid decision of trying to reach up while the stereo was out, completely forgetting about the metal cage around it which needs removing :lol: before resigning myself to the fact I'd have to take the whole centre console out. 

Few weeks later I got it done. Get somebody with smaller hands to have a go..?! Otherwise the whole thing needs to come out. 

On 05/04/2018 at 7:48 AM, dmrichards said:

I never even checked what the led bulb was in mine. just chucked one in I had spare and it's been sweet for months now. still didn't make much difference lighting the car up inside though :lol:

Yeah, I had one with 3 diodes but it was actually weaker than the one that came with the car.

The other day I saw a sale on LEDs with 6 diodes, pay one take two, and I bought them, but only after opening the package I noticed it was a 12v, but since it was the same size as the 3 diodes one I put it in without thinking, two minutes of it running and it blew the fuse.

So I was thinking if replacing the 7.5v fuse with a 12v would cause any damage or, god forbid, fire.

Been getting mixed opinions on it both from friends and online, I'll probably stick with the 3 diode one

On 05/04/2018 at 11:39 AM, AJCivic said:

For the clock bulb, I made the stupid decision of trying to reach up while the stereo was out, completely forgetting about the metal cage around it which needs removing :lol: before resigning myself to the fact I'd have to take the whole centre console out. 

Few weeks later I got it done. Get somebody with smaller hands to have a go..?! Otherwise the whole thing needs to come out. 

yup, guilty here, tried to do the same thing, not because I forgot but because I was just too lazy to fiddle around with it. but my girlfriend was able to get it out, thanks mate