The standard suspension is one of the worst parts in the ms.  Looks much better on the mg stuff. 

I  recently got some new weather strips for the front doors from Rimmer Bros.. Again for an mg zs / rover 400.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments. Good catch dr_broon, going to look into that soon!

So today was header day. Picked it up this afternoon and spent some time installing it. Main problem was i couldn't get my lambda off the old manifold so i had to cut the wires in order to use my ring wrench. Even had to race to the hardware store because my toolbox has wrenches up to 19 but the lambda was a 22.

After some struggling installing it in the driveway i took it for a testdrive. First test there was a leak and now ive got it all fixed up. Only now its really clear the rear part of the exhaust leaks causing an annoying sound. But thats no problem as I'm going to replace the rest of the exhausy anyway sometime soon.

IMG_20180429_201308631_LL.jpg.e660d329f7db5b069acfb01fb7979a0b.jpg

The guy who sold me the header also gave me a pod filter with it. Im going to clean it up and fab a little bit of a cold air intake from another airfilter housing i'll pick up at a junkyard.

IMG_20180429_201654959.jpg.af7c0fdcda083ab242c6dc1af9eacd75.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed a ticking sound in the engine last week so I decided to check and adjust valve clearances.

It was a pleasant surprise the D15Z8 was nice and clean upon opening her up.

Snapchat-400996980.thumb.jpg.ca4a890fd81b9e14c6a08b7b34f0d922.jpg

At first I thought I was doing something wrong as all clearances were off. Where clearances of around 0.18-0.22 mm were required there was only 0.02 mm. I had to adjust every valve. It was a fun learning experience. After making sure the engine spun without hitting valves I started her up and she runs smooth as butter now.

Received some new exhaust gaskets so I can seal her up better.

Next things I'm going to tackle; converting all interior lights to LED ones, paint the plastic side bottom molding black. Probably going to paint my valve cover and fuel rail and cleaning / testing the injectors.

Today I painted the side bottom moldings black again, looking fresh and clean. I also got around to installing the pod filter. If I have some time I'll try to cut another filter housing up to fit a bit around the filter and flow as much cool air as possible. With the new pod filter the car makes lovely sounds though.

IMG-20180507-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.0f85f8b477fd0070004ca615cee5585f.jpeg

Different muffler coming in this week, hoping it fits and will mount it as soon as I get the chance. Also I've bought some cheap tint film which might be worth a shot before i buy better film. I've tinted windows before (quality film) with good results so hoping the cheap film will do the trick.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been busy past month finishing up on college for this year. Nonetheless had some updates on the car as well.

I got some generic 6.5x16 alloys for the car and put some Toyo Proxes CF2's on them. Looking great for the money and the tires are superb.

IMG_20180613_210539990_HDR_2.jpg.8308879af60da57e444cc83003a6f7e8.jpg

I mounted some chinese HID's, they're not bad and I'll see how long they hold up. Also tinted the back windows but later discovered there is a small difference in tint from using 2 rolls. So they are going to be redone in the next weeks.

I have some other new stuff going to be mounted in and on the car soon. Update will be in the next few weeks!

• Like 1

Looking good mate. Remember, depending on the model, the rear windows (the boot ones) come from the factory with a very light tint already. Could be that thats making it look a different shade of tint?

• Like 1

On 15-6-2018 at 9:11 AM, Dave said:

Looking good mate. Remember, depending on the model, the rear windows (the boot ones) come from the factory with a very light tint already. Could be that thats making it look a different shade of tint?

Thanks for the heads up but that wasn't the case. 

I ran out of foil on my first roll so used two different rolls on the rear window. Going to retint next week.

A problem I'm having is that whenever i fuel up the tank stops accepting fuel even though it's only filled up for about 80%. I ran the tank pretty low but only 35 litres could be filled up which should be almost 45-50 litres..