MB6 exhaust options/specs

MBFinlay

Does anyone have supersprint (923125) silencer in their MB6? what is the diameter? 2.25? 2.5? I have 2.5 piping at the moment. Muffler/silencer should ideally be 2.5 too. Supersprint seem pricey but i suppose it's a quality product? Sounds are usually fine too but what about on MB6? Anyone here had one? Too loud? Booming noice? "Ricey"? I don't want too loud but some sound would be nice. Current one is too booming under hard gas or high way speeds in general. Any suggestions? Some magnaflow oval? What are the specs for original exhaust system with MB6? Pipe diameter? Never had original in mine when i got so it would be interesting to know. 

Don't know what the silencer is like but I've got the mid section from super sprint.  I'm sure that it's 2.25", but you can double check in their website (will be in mm though) 

Always been a nice sound from when I got it fitted - think that they go for a quality tone rather than noise. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 8:33 PM, MBFinlay said:

What is the stock/OEM pipe diameter in MB6? 2.0 or 2.25? 

2" if i remember correctly. I had a Magnaflow silencer on mine, was quite boomy and not that much fun in the end for highway cruising.

On 7/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, Dexter said:

2" if i remember correctly. I had a Magnaflow silencer on mine, was quite boomy and not that much fun in the end for highway cruising.

How did you get rid of the booming/droning noise? What kind of muffler? What was the size of that magnaflow? inlet and outlet piping size? Length of muffler? I wonder if free flowing mufflers always drone on Hondas... All aftermarket/Universal ones seems to be freeflowing. No sound deadening what so ever?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 1:12 AM, MBFinlay said:

How did you get rid of the booming/droning noise? What kind of muffler? What was the size of that magnaflow? inlet and outlet piping size? Length of muffler? I wonder if free flowing mufflers always drone on Hondas... All aftermarket/Universal ones seems to be freeflowing. No sound deadening what so ever?

By replacing the muffler :-D. I got one custom made at Martelius, now is perfect. I think it was this one i had earlier: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=14816