cant open door

androot

Question

Hi, guys.

I just need a quick advice regarding a lock. One day I tried open drivers door but no, it refused to open. I can turn the key to the closing direction but not the opposite. I can feel a little bit of a flex - it doesnt feel solid.

My best guess is lack of power coming to the CL servo. About a year ago i had to resolder a speaker connection within that big plug feeding the door. It seemed as not very reliable part of the design. Something likr that might have happened this time but with the central locking.

Help. Should I start thinking of selling the car or there is a ray of hope?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

If you can unlock the door from inside and get the door open, take the trim panel off and try and see what's happening inside when you turn the key in the lock. It could be the lock itself that's faulty or one of the connections/rods from it that needs sorting. If it's just the solenoid, that can be changed easily mate.

Try disconnecting the battery, leave for a five to ten mins then reconnect it. This usually unlocks all doors.

If it doesn't, disconnect the battery again and try the following.:

You will need to remove the screws that hold on the door card, then try and prise off the card. It will probably bust all the clips and you may need the break the door card to get it off but it's easy to pick up a replacement one.

Once off, see if you can swap out the solenoid for another one and see if it unlocks the door.

• Like 1