D15z turbo overheating after long drive

skitzma8

Question

Hello looking for help as I’m currently having problems with my d series turbo over heating after been driving it for a few hours, the temp gauge goes up to 3/4 after a while, and coolant starts to boil abit in the expansion tank. Car is currently on the standard radiator but thinking to put a thicker core one in as the standard one is too thin in my opinion. Will doing this keep the temperature down? Help appreciated thanks.

3 answers to this question

16 hours ago, skitzma8 said:

Hello looking for help as I’m currently having problems with my d series turbo over heating after been driving it for a few hours, the temp gauge goes up to 3/4 after a while, and coolant starts to boil abit in the expansion tank. Car is currently on the standard radiator but thinking to put a thicker core one in as the standard one is too thin in my opinion. Will doing this keep the temperature down? Help appreciated thanks.

yeah it will help for sure. I've got a thick aluminium one for mine. Flush the coolant and get some good anti freeze in and you should be good. Double check your fan is working too and it may be worth getting a slimline fan for the new rad?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmrichards said:

yeah it will help for sure. I've got a thick aluminium one for mine. Flush the coolant and get some good anti freeze in and you should be good. Double check your fan is working too and it may be worth getting a slimline fan for the new rad?

Thanks for the info I will definitely buy a thicker core radiator then to keep her cooler, the fan does kick in when it starts to overheat, I will also get  slim line radiator