My Silver MB2 Thread

AJCivic

Yeah I was going to get them wired up etc and then decide how I want them. Trying to figure out if I could use something as a spacer behind the L brackets and in front of the screw threads to bring them out a bit. Here are both ways for now anyway. Second looks better but I'm not sure if they're sat too far into the bumper and you can see the inside of the surround (which I wrapped so looks bad there haha) will either leave them stuck out a bit or get something to act as a spacer and do the second way so it doesn't look as obvious.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay so I got the fogs installed where I want them, done the grounding for them, just the wiring left to do now. My rover 45 front/rear switch and wiring came but I've noticed it has 3 more wires coming off than the switch for just the rear. That kind of makes sense as most switches have 3 wires coming off, but I'm using a relay & wiring kit and I'm not sure where I should be attaching the wire coming from the relay onto these 3? 

image.jpeg

Wonder if anybody can help - been looking into getting some new Ignition leads, so thinking of getting some red ones or sticking with black to keep the contrast against the clips I bought.

Are cheap ones okay or should I be paying quite a lot? Seen sets for under £40 and not sure if that is too cheap. 

Is it likely to definitely help the running of the car? I've heard it smoothens everything out again. Only because sometimes at low speeds I get a bit of a judder and isn't very amooth at all.

try get a decent brand and you'll be fine with the leads. it might be worth checking the cap and rotor. I'vejust changed the cap and rota on mine for geanuine honda ones. The old one was well worn and not worth keeping. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Been wanting a rear ARB, Mb6 or MG I don't mind. I don't really want to go drilling holes in suspension parts unless I have to though so what is the best way to put a rear anti roll bar on?! :-D Will I have to pay out for aftermarket ones or try finding Mb6 control arms? What bolts etc would be needed?

I had hoped to have had a few more things done to post on here by now but unfortunately not! :( Had a chance to get some standard Mb 14" alloys a few weeks back to replace the steel wheels but didn't go ahead with it in the end.

I've been spending all my time trying to figure out the fog light wiring to the original switch, I can't be bothered cutting all wires to the pre existing rear switch if I can't get the front light bit working too! Just can't work out if I only need the wire from the relay I've installed, or if I need a live/earth too.

• 3 weeks later...

Strut brace arrived & went on this week, love how this looks, think it might have improved handling ever so slightly too but can't notice much yet! ;)

image.jpeg.2cdeabd40705feea54d626b99003059e.jpeg

Also upgraded some bulbs recently, installed the Osram Nightbraker ('Unlimited', not 'laser') headlight bulbs, and replaced standard side light bulbs with Halfords pure white 'HID effect' bulbs. Only £6 for the latter so why not. Struggled to get a good picture but the lights are much whiter now & so visibility improved. 

• Like 1

Looking good mate. I see the engine bay transforming slowly. Once you spray that rocker cover and heat shield you will see a massive difference. I always use cree side light bulbs in mine. Find them to be the brightest so far

• 1 month later...

Anybody know where I can get original fittings for installing a lip kit? Or what works as an alternative? The weird nuts that slide into the bumper and the bolts with the wide top part I mean. I've got all original ones already installed for the front lip but can't find them anywhere to use them for the rear lip.

Seems like it would be easier to use original fittings than trying to get arm around the bumper to use a standard nut/bolt. 

Edited by AJCivic