My Silver MB2 Thread

AJCivic

Hi Jamie,  I've been following the improvements to your car with interest....mainly because I too have an MB2.

Have you fitted an ARB yet ?.....IMO it's a mod that'll transform the driving experience and handling.

Bless your work mate applause.gif1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gel said:

Hi Jamie,  I've been following the improvements to your car with interest....mainly because I too have an MB2.

Have you fitted an ARB yet ?.....IMO it's a mod that'll transform the driving experience and handling.

Bless your work mate applause.gif1

Thanks for your comments pal! :) A few people with MB2's on here it seems, a lot more than any other model! 

No a rear ARB is on the list but I haven't seen many for sale to be honest. Also aware that I'd probably have to swap to MB6 rear control arms. (Or drill my current ones but that makes me nervous). Would you say an MB6 ARB is a decent upgrade or go all the way and get a ZS one? 

Next job is figuring out why my front fog wiring won't work, then getting some standard alloys for now. Also need to get a spoiler on, can't decide between the Rover boot lip (I never got that on because it took me MONTHS to paint it and still not happy with it) and the MB one which still needs painting. Or both :-D I'm just being tight with my cash at the mo. 

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 2

" Would you say an MB6 ARB is a decent upgrade or go all the way and get a ZS one? "

I honestly don't know .....hopefully others in the know will comment anon.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, dr_broon said:

Hard to say as I went from no arb to the MG one, but I'd say that any arb is better than none. 

I'm sure that @noodels went for the mb6 one on his deck at first? 

That was my thinking. Might be a lot easier to find an MB6 one so I'll have to start looking. Cheers, looked on his thread but couldn't see much referencing the ARB?

Anti roll bar and control arm talk has gotten me thinking.. How do I go about replacing bushes etc? Do Honda stock them still or is it all aftermarket stuff? Is there somewhere I can see what bushes there are on an MB - a list of them?

What about front arb upgrade first,thinner on MB2 ?

if so, putting big rear arb on may cause snap over steer.

Can dial most out with springs then consider the arbs as a tunning aid,some cars remove rear completely,as I have done with my Mc2 and did not notice much change..

.And many do on the S2000 square or stagger tyres..

So spring rates,

tyres and size also have input ,semi-slicks or all weather aero?

The Correct balance Bias is needed and many variations.

A lot of info to consider there.. What's the difference in thickness between an MB2 and MB6 front ARB do you know?

No plans on suspension/springs etc for now, but anything that can improve handling sounds like a good mod to me. :razz: Won't be anything too big, only an MB2 after all. 

What's peoples advice on air filters/intakes? I know a bit about them, just wondering what style is best for these cars or if you can just do whatever you like with it (Left in engine bay vs fed into bumper)? Are K&N panel filters worth the money or not as good as cone style? Probably not something I'd do, but was having the discussion today. 

Edited by AJCivic

Mate of mine has found a silver MB in a scrapyard, has black mirrors and door handles but a sunroof, am I right in thinking it'll be a 1.4iS or maybe even a 1.6? What is worth taking from these? Any upgrades or no? 

Apparently they have 3 alloys with it but I haven't seen them yet and wanting £20 each.. Not sure if that will be worth it for standard alloys?? but hopefully they have a passenger wing I can have.. 

• 1 month later...

Had a lad start at work and he’s driving a Silver MB same as mine :-D Previous owner put an MG spoiler on (which he claimed was original but obviously not) and wrapped the bonnet. 

Claimed it was a ‘sport’ but it has cloth seats, wood effect dash trim and standard steering wheel, different to mine though because it has alloys, ABS, rear discs, colour matched mirrors/handles. 

Am I right in saying this is a later 1.4iS? Because I’ve seen those before but with black mirrors/handles. 

Bought some stuff for the car a while back. Waiting on the weather improving and then I’ve got some exciting stuff coming up to get my MB2 where I want (tastefully) :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not the best picture but fog lights put back in and I used some fly eye tint on them to make them a bit more subtle. Cheap eBay fog lights stick out a lot otherwise! ;) But look cool! 

Also seen an MB6 for sale fairly close to me, low mileage and quite a minter. VERY tempted, problem being that they want well over £2.5k for said Mb.. 

1FCBE64F-A189-441B-A716-EC07AD0FCA2E.jpeg

Also can’t tell in the picture but somebody has hit/scratched the front of my car AGAIN, lines of paint missing just above the number plate, a big scratch down the side of it, and rub/scratch marks on the number plate itself.. banghead.gif1

Edited by AJCivic