My Silver MB2 Thread

AJCivic

Think long and hard about securing the low mileage MB6 because your efforts and dosh will reap rewards once you're improving a desirable motor.

Your car looks like quite smart with the eBay fog lights fitted.

BTW  my X reg 1.4S has coded mirrors/door handles , cloth seats, a/c, abs, rear discs,   lecky front windows, alloys but thankfully no sunroof.......I think it's a standard late 2000 1.4s ?

On 2/16/2019 at 12:18 PM, Gel said:

Think long and hard about securing the low mileage MB6 because your efforts and dosh will reap rewards once you're improving a desirable motor.

Your car looks like quite smart with the eBay fog lights fitted.

BTW  my X reg 1.4S has coded mirrors/door handles , cloth seats, a/c, abs, rear discs,   lecky front windows, alloys but thankfully no sunroof.......I think it's a standard late 2000 1.4s ?

Thanks for the comments @Gel yeah I’d love an MB6 but got other priorities at the moment and not enough space/time/money to be running 2 cars I think.. one day..

Ah that clears it up then, fella has since gone but I’m sure it was only a 1.4iS, I think Honda just liked to mix things up a bit with coded mirrors/handles etc. :D

On 2/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, noodels said:

Integra R airbox has advantages if it fits 

Yeah 100% it looks a great improvement. Unfortunately they cost well over £100 so probably isn’t worth it on my wee 1.4! Think I’m just going to upgrade the panel filter but I’ve got a brand new standard one in at the moment anyway. The K&N ones have gone a bit hard to find so I’ll keep looking. 

• 4 weeks later...

This was taken a few Saturday’s ago and sums up the weather we’ve been having recently! :rolleyes: Think the fog lights look nice though, glad to finally have those working and looking original. F0DA98D9-00B4-4BB2-9F6C-E89CF2E5EBA6.jpeg.6529619a4bca606932f17c654ecd77bb.jpeg

Also a few days prior to that I did a quick check underneath of the car, think I need some new Anti Roll bar bushes & end links. Wouldn’t mind all bushes doing soon so going to need to buy replacement control arms at the front. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, Gel said:

Your lighting looks ace Jake :)

Looks like I mislead you when I said my car is a 1.4S.....it's actually a 1.4iS

Think you’ve gotten me mixed up with somebody else there ;) Thanks though, and yeah sure this guy had a 1.4iS but was identical to a standard 1.4 except the things I mentioned. 

Need some advice please guys, how much is a standard MB6 rear anti roll bar worth? anybody here who’s bought one in the past? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 7:13 AM, Gel said:

Sorry 'bout that Jamie....lol........I'm better with naming carseekout.gif1

No problem! :P

On 3/28/2019 at 11:12 AM, jaymb6 said:

looking good mate, I need new alloys for mine, when some come up for mine il give you a shout 

Have you painted the mg spoiler yet?

Thanks! :D And cheers for that, I got some standard MB alloys for very cheap, one or two have quite bad paint flaking, just in process of cleaning them up a little. So going to use those for now once I’ve got tyres swapped etc. 

Which spoiler do you mean? The boot lip? Took a while to paint to a decent standard actually. Very awkward. So far I’ve chickened out of it, not sure if the 3M tape I have is strong enough and scared it’ll fly off going down the motorway. :-?

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t get car through an MOT due to rust under sills. Pretty gutted, didn’t think it was that bad at all! I know they’re a problem area but haven’t had the sills off to check properly yet. Everything looked alright around them. Going to see about some welding soon but I definitely didn’t want this, as well as the MOT I’ve got a fan belt squealing that was due to be sorted and had a quote from another garage to do trailing arm bushes. Expensive month. 

• Sad 1