My Silver MB2 Thread

AJCivic

8 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Glad that you got her all sorted out and mot'd. I bet that's a weight off your mind! friday.gif1

Just a bit mate yeah haha! Didn't imagine for one minute all that work would need doing this time around but I'm glad it's sorted and MOT'd, this little MB2 isn't going anywhere just yet applause.gif1

I'll be getting her in somewhere to get training arm bushes done before the year is out, I've left that job way too long as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So soon after the new year I called around and managed to find a garage with a fella who knew what he was doing when it comes to Trailing arm bushes, sounded like he'd done dozens of them on Rovers etc, and a decent price. Other garages were a bit like 'waah the bolts will be rusty if they've never been off, we'll get back to you' (they didn't) and another garage initially quoted £140 per siderlol.gif1

Unfortunately the next day my Dad passed away really unexpectedly at only 54 years old and as you can expect put a massive hold on everything I had going on. And that's the situation I'm in at the moment.

But I'm happy to say I've finally had new TA bushes fitted today! Something I should have done 2/3 years ago truth be told and maybe if I found this garage earlier I would have done. It's a small thing but feels like a big win because it's a job that has always needed doing in the background. Oh, and the brake pipe on one side burst when they dropped the arm, but it was the opposite side to the one that burst during the MOT last November, so that's another MOT advisory dealt with today. :-D

Forgot to say, was held up initially because I tried to get Rover/MG OEM bushes, only to buy one, and then get let down not once but twice while trying to buy a second! So I ended up with 2 from the motor factors, can't fit OEM bushes if they're simply not available. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate, not nice but hope you're holding up.

Welding looks good on the previous page - must've missed that when you first posted it. Ideal on the bushes also! Nice when you can start ticking things off and have no worries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Weird one today, recently my Great Grandad passed away (funeral today, yeah I'm having a rough few months...) and he was the one who bought my MB2 from new. Must have happened when a relative was sorting some things but I visited his place today and sat on top of a dresser was the original red immobiliser master key! Never thought I'd come across this ever! And how strange that it's been sat in a drawer for the last 22 years almost. Still in the packet with the key tag straight from dealer. Now reunited with the car & myself.

Am I right in thinking this is only for help rewriting the code on the immobiliser or could it be used if I wanted a new central locking fob making? I've seen various discussions on old threads.

20210414_012038.thumb.jpg.8a8a2b4daab2d326ebe7e2b68dc3ed50.jpg

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your grandad mate, never easy losing a loved one. I think the key was for programming spare keys. One thing I do know is never try and start the car with it as it can cause lots of damage apparently.  

• 6 months later...

Long time no post, everything the same over here really! Exciting couple of days with the car though, finally got the spoiler that's been sat in my shed then garage for 3 years put on, no electrics wired up yet, pushed that back to sometime in the future.

Also passed MOT today with only 4 advisories, 2 of which are for old/discoloured indicator bulbs on the rear, one for a track rod end and one for the blowing exhaust I've been putting off fixing for over a year rlol.gif1 I'd say I've had my money's worth! 

Also forgot to mention back in summer I had all belts changed, 3x fan belts and timing belt/water pump too, followed by a full service and brake fluid change, so it was great to get all that done. :-P

• Like 2