Vtisgilman

Hi people

I am removing my power steering on my vtis that I use for track days. The car never gets used on the road so I don't have to worry about parking it with heavy steering. I removed the belt to see how it felt and I don't find it to bad so next is to remove it completely. I was going to remove the rack to open it up and do the depower mod but though while it's off I might aswell put a different one on that is quicker lock to lock, as the turn in isn't that great so a shorter ratio rack that's been depowered would hopefully be a big improvement. There is lots of info out there but no one seems to know for sure and some info contradicts what others have said. So as this is the home of mb6 experts I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on what would be a good replacement rack that is a straight swap. 

you can't take apart the MB6 rack, i've tried and failed, they just don't come apart without f**king it. 

i've got a DC2 rack to go in mine now, which i'm yet to fit. but same fitment as MB6 and adjustable. 

if you do loop the rack make sure you put a small breather pipe in between the hoses so there is less chance of the rack seizing or locking up

Yeah I was going to loop the lines with a t piece going to a little reservoir as a breather. I would much rather take it apart properly though so that's annoying it doesn't come apart. In what way is the dc2 one adjustable?