Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

Out for a run in Mindy today seeing as the sun was out!

20181117_141409.thumb.jpg.c56fc6d5e00206

Came back and decided to get the 3 wheels that were done finally fitted. Still got 1 wheel and 3 centre caps to go into lacquer tomorrow then grt them all fitted. Love they way she looks with these done in white, kinda retro look. Still on the crappy tyres for now (managed to get most of the paint off them), new tyres after the year.

20181117_165055.thumb.jpg.9aa19e5189ae65

Hope you like!

• Like 2

Another job ticked off the list! Been in garage tonight fixing something that has bugged me since getting the car.........cigar/12v socket didn't work. Thought it might be the fuse, but power getting to the socket so decided it must be gubbed. Removed it (what a fight that was, did not want to come out!) and had a look. Was slightly corroded inside, but read on main club forum that it could also be the built in fuse on the socket itself that had gone. So, seeing as I had a brand new one that I'd bought for a project I was going to do on the MINI, I replaced it with that. All back together, tested and now working fine! Means we can now charge stuff when out in the car. Happy chappy. Took a photo but haven't uploaded it yet (but we all know what a cigar lighter looks like eh!)
Centre caps for wheels (the three remaining ones) now all had their coats of lacquer. Also tyre dressed the tyres and they don't look too bad now, cleaned up pretty well. Again, took a pic but it's still on my phone!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Bet you're glad to get that one out the way. They're so much more important now than when the main reason for them was for smoking [smash.gif] (where has the smoking smiley gone?...) 

In the interest of health and safety the smoking smiley has left the building. Think you'll find him in the wee smoke shelter just outside of the forum! Lol! drag.gif1

photo of the new Cigar lighter fitted (not very exciting I know but will make such a difference!)

Also wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the exterior door handle. The drivers side one sits kinda funny, sticking out at the end nearest the front of the car instead of sitting flush. See photos below.

And a quick photo of the wheels, now fitted with the new centre cap badges in red to match the bodywork.

Planning a custom dash centre console where the radio (possibly getting a retro DAB one) sits flush with the dash. All radios stick out from dash due to the design of the centre console tombstone so looking to mod that!

• Like 1

• Dave pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic