Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

Thanks Ali. Yeah, a wee bit kore power would be nice i guess for any straight roads, although tbh we always go and find the wee back roads when we go anywhere in Mindy. Tis a mega blast if giving her beans on the twisty roads though! What i would really like is the six speed box from the mk2.5, the gearing on the motorway means quite high revs at 70-80.

I texted you the other day Ali, spotted your old Accord in Musselburgh. Still looks sweet as hell!

12 hours ago, Dave said:

Thanks Ali. Yeah, a wee bit kore power would be nice i guess for any straight roads, although tbh we always go and find the wee back roads when we go anywhere in Mindy. Tis a mega blast if giving her beans on the twisty roads though! What i would really like is the six speed box from the mk2.5, the gearing on the motorway means quite high revs at 70-80.

I texted you the other day Ali, spotted your old Accord in Musselburgh. Still looks sweet as hell!

The gearbox would make a huge difference, then you could change gears as many times as The Fast & Furious dudes and dudettes!!

Sorry Dave, didnt see any texts from you ref Accord! The old guy must be lovin it then if he's cruisin about, hopefully without being full of Whiskey this time :(

11 hours ago, burbleboy said:

The gearbox would make a huge difference, then you could change gears as many times as The Fast & Furious dudes and dudettes!!

Sorry Dave, didnt see any texts from you ref Accord! The old guy must be lovin it then if he's cruisin about, hopefully without being full of Whiskey this time :(

It was a youngish dude driving it mate, maybe in his mid to late 20's? No older than 30 i thought. Ill need to check that number! Have you changed number recently?

Lol, yeah have to love their 28 speed gearboxes in F n F!applause.gif1

12 hours ago, Dave said:

It was a youngish dude driving it mate, maybe in his mid to late 20's? No older than 30 i thought. Ill need to check that number! Have you changed number recently?

Lol, yeah have to love their 28 speed gearboxes in F n F!applause.gif1

It was an old alky at about 50 - 60 years old that bought it! Probably couldn't stand speed bumps n punted it on :)

My number ends in 958 mate. Defo can't remember getting your text as would have replied :(

You all having a meet this year? 

4 hours ago, burbleboy said:

It was an old alky at about 50 - 60 years old that bought it! Probably couldn't stand speed bumps n punted it on :)

My number ends in 958 mate. Defo can't remember getting your text as would have replied :(

You all having a meet this year? 

Deffo no an old codger driving it now mate! Lol yeah, would love to have a meet this year, not sure if we're gonna have the funds to get DD on the road though, need to wait and see. Im skint at the moment! Would be great to see everyone again. 

Just checked your number on my phone. Its ending "077". Lol no wonder you didnt get the text rlol.gif1

Mine still the same, ends 701. You want to text me your number Ali and I'll change it in my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo, went out with Mindy today as had a wee meet arranged with one of the members from mx5oc.co.uk (Robin). He had just got his Eunos back on the road after a lot of time, work and money spent bringing it back from the risk of being scrapped to an absolute stunner!

Met over in South Queensferry, Down by the Forth Rail Bridge. It was too busy there for a wee photoshoot, so we headed over to the marina. Had a passenger ride in Robins mx5 and that thing can shift! It's a 1.8 auto, but being the Eunos import the box has sports mode and it really makes a difference! The whole car has had a body rebuild and also all the chassis/suspension replaced with brand new (inc wishbones etc) so feels really nice (and looks really nice underneath too!).

We had a coffee and a good long chat in between the photos, so really nice day. Weather was really overcast (hence some of the photos being slightly dark) but no rain. By the time I got home, the bloody sun had come out! Typical!. Anyways, Mindy enjoyed the run and meeting up with her playmate (she's already met Robins wifes MK2.5 MX5 Sport) and we had some American tourist lady come over to us to talk about the mx5's! So all good!

Here's some of the photos.

black_n_white2Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgBlack_n_whiteForth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0032Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0051Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0052Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0053Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0054Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0055Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0056Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0058Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0059Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0061Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgrobin_mx5.jpgDSC_0045Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpgDSC_0037Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpg

Hope you likey!

DSC_0062Forth_Bridge_MX5s.jpg

• Like 1

Nice pics! Nice your able to meet up with another forum member and chat about cars etc over a cuppa! 

Incidentally, does Eunos have lowered suspension compared to yours? Looks lower if still on standard set up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burbleboy said:

Nice pics! Nice your able to meet up with another forum member and chat about cars etc over a cuppa! 

Incidentally, does Eunos have lowered suspension compared to yours? Looks lower if still on standard set up

Thanks Ali. Yeah was nice to meet up with another enthusiast of the mx5, specially the mk1. Met Robin a few times but hes usually in his mk2.5 so first time seeing this mk1. Correct on the lowering, Eunos is on Koni street kit. Mine is on brand new oem spec suspension. Forgot to add the pics of Mindys interior as that's had a nice upgrade that i forgot to post up!

• 2 weeks later...

So, just a wee job done today! In the boot on the left side there is a metal panel that protects the fuel filler pipe. This is an unpainted panel, and as such has no paint to protect it so they rust. It's covered by carpet so nobody really bothers about it but you know me, it was bugging me where you could see it through the carpet.

Off it came to get prepped. Sanded it done and treated any rusty bits.

Sanded down

20190522_132217boot tidied up mx5.jpg

rust treated and then 3 coats of primer

20190522_133101boot tidied up mx5.jpg

Then 3 coats of red and refitted to the car. This was before I put the carpet back in place. Just think it looks neater.

20190522_135628boot tidied up mx5.jpg

Oh, and a wee photo of Mindy and my Aerodeck (DD)

20190529_090224boot tidied up mx5.jpg

MOT is now out so she will be getting booked in for this Wednesday.....fingers crossed!

• Like 2

• Dave pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic