Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

Thanks guys.Mum had been unwell for the past week or so, and they thought she wouldn't make it through the previous weekend. But she had a chest infection, which then started pneumonia, and they think she also had a small stroke. Passed away in her sleep, so at least it was peacefully. Would have been 91 years old on the 26th of this month. She was in the latter stages of dementia too, which is probably what caused her to pass away in the end. Least she is pain free now. Even though I'm an old git myself, and we've been expecting this, it still doesn't make it any easier to cope with when it does happen. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thanks guys.Mum had been unwell for the past week or so, and they thought she wouldn't make it through the previous weekend. But she had a chest infection, which then started pneumonia, and they think she also had a small stroke. Passed away in her sleep, so at least it was peacefully. Would have been 91 years old on the 26th of this month. She was in the latter stages of dementia too, which is probably what caused her to pass away in the end. Least she is pain free now. Even though I'm an old git myself, and we've been expecting this, it still doesn't make it any easier to cope with when it does happen. 

Yeah mate, doesn't make it easier. Poor woman. She was a good age mate (being positive at all times). Hope you guys are ok. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went for shopping again, taking the scenic route and the perfect car for this glorious weather. Peaked 33 degrees here today, unusual for Scotland and at this time of year. Was so nice getting the sun and fresh air while driving

20200520_164337.jpg

20200520_164254.jpg

20200520_164237.jpg

20200520_164159.jpg20200520_164009.jpg20200520_163948.jpg20200520_164254.jpg20200520_164237.jpg

20200520_163930.jpg

20200520_163924.jpg

De-stressed us both. Mums funeral tomorrow so Mindy has helped get us ready. 

Hope everyone enjoying the sun and playing safe

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Mindy looks like she's in her ideal habitat 8-)

Beautiful countryside mate. 

isn't it! We've never been fans of built up areas/cities, much prefer the wide open spaces. Where we're moving to, we have that right on our doorstep

21 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Looking good and perfect scenery! Hope everything goes well tomorrow mate

Thanks mate, appreciate that. Funeral went as well as can be expected under the lock down, felt very surreal. She deserved a much better send off than this but it's all we we're allowed to do. Least she's up there with my Dad now and having a ball!

You'll love the roads down near our new house Ali, plenty fun to be had!

• Like 1

Sorry about your sad news Dave. 

I'd imagine a drive with the top down in that lovely countryside makes you appreciate life somewhat. It can be good.

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Sorry about your sad news Dave. 

I'd imagine a drive with the top down in that lovely countryside makes you appreciate life somewhat. It can be good.

Thanks Jake. The drive in Mindy lifts us both up, we come back, park in the drive and have big cheesy smiles on our faces. Deffo lifts the spirits mate

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Much has been happening! Coming to terms with losing mum, still got a lot of legal stuff to do and  help my sister with sorting her estate. Not easy with half the family not on speaking terms and no idea where they live now. :(

Now for some better news.......we have finally moved to our new (old) house in the scottish borders......and loving it! So quiet, peaceful and chilled out down here it really is amazing. House needs a shed load of work done ( got sparky rewiring whole house next weekend) then new windows to get ordered and fitted after that along with decorating. It's slowly coming together though, Gayle and me have been so busy since we got here getting the garden sorted, doing stuff to the inside (ive been fitting stuff, putting up shelfs, swapping out some of the light fittings and switches etc. Not got the planning in for the new double garage yet, but if we run out of time we've hatched a plan to get the single garage we have here emptied enough to get Mindy in there for the winter (she's currently slumming it in the leaky car port joined onto the garage at the moment!). Had family down this weekend (all outside and following the rules) and they have fallen in love with our new house, saying they cant believe how big it is and the amount of land it has. They all love the village too, which is one of the prettiest in the borders. have to say, thought I would struggle leaving our old town (even with all the agro we had there recently) as I'd been in that house for 27 yrs. I have to admit, I don't miss it a bit! people and neighbours here are totally amazing, and so helpful too. We seem to have fitted right in no probs!

So, thought we'd take Mindy for a wee adventure on some undiscovered (by us!) roads around the village and surrounding countryside.Be rude not to post a few photos! Mindy is a bit dirty as not had a wash since we left our old town......only just got the outside tap fitted a few days ago so now we're good to go.

This is the back road into our village (basically 2 min drive from our house), can just see the village in the distance

20200614_174256.jpg

And wee Mindy!

20200614_174707_001.jpg

20200614_174750.jpg

Loving her new life in the Scottish Borders. We wanted to see where the road went, so drove for around 7 miles and the hills/scenery is breath taking. Eventually the road brings you onto the back road into Galashiels at Tweedbank side. Can't believe we have this as our back garden/playground!

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic