Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

It is mate! the view from our living room front window is across the village and into the hills. Have to pinch myself every time I look out the window! DD has been loving the roads down here too, so good to get her out and about now. her parking space is litterally right outside our bedroom window at the back of the house. We have a massive loing drive that comes in off a lane at the side of the house, and goes all around to the back where we have a nice big tarred bit to park on. Really can believe the land we have here. Will need to post a few pics!

• Like 1

There we go, gives you an idea. House looks small in the photo but is huge inside......one maaassive living room and a corridor so long we keep losing each other in the house! Been using the civic5 walkie talkies for when I'm away over in the garage working! lol Garden looks a lot different to those photos now as we've been busy pulling out weeds and I've started power washing the tar parking bit to get all the old moss off it (its covered in it, or at least it was!)

14-6-2020-ourhouse.jpg14-6-2020-ourhouse2.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

House looks mint bud. So pleased that you've found somewhere that you can properly chill out in. 

Will have to pop up for a visit when things get a bit more normal. 8-)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dr_broon said:

House looks mint bud. So pleased that you've found somewhere that you can properly chill out in. 

Will have to pop up for a visit when things get a bit more normal. 8-)

Defo mate, be good to see you! Lots of nice roads round here too for a wee drive.

• 2 months later...

Sooo, not done much to Mindy at all during all this COVID stuff. Have had her out a fair bit for a run, but not done anything to her. So, decided that as much as I love the look of the wooden steering wheel I bought for her I had gone off the look now and am going for a more subtle look with the interior. So bye bye wood/chrome wheel, and back with her oem Nardi black leather wheel. Just think seeing as I took all the fake wood off the centre console to make it back to black, the wood one the wheel looked out of place. And although with it being smaller it gave me more leg room, it obscured most of the instrument dials which really annoyed me. Add to that the fact that when the sun was behind us, at some angles/height of the sun it would reflect off the chrome spokes and blind me when driving! Any hoo, back to black as Amy Whinehoose used to sing.......interior is now black and red with chrome/stainless details. Much simpler and better looking I think

20200924_Mindy_Nardi_Leather_steering_wheel.jpg

And although Mindy is normally parked in the car port next to garage, and Gayle Juke (aka "Effie" as she looks like a wee elephant lol) is where Mindy is in this next photo, thought it would be nice to get a wee photo of Mindy and DD together. This is the view into back garden from our bedroom window!

20200918_Mindy_and_DD.jpg

Mindy now back under her cover and in the car port. Managed to pick up a mega hard to find part..........oem mk1 mx5 electric aeriel. Prev owner had fitted a modern stubby one which looked totally out of place on her.....plus had to be removed everytime I wanted to put her cover on. Removing it left a long bolt sticking up, which would damage the cover, so it had to go! Going to see if I can maybe get this fitted on Monday or next weekend. Came with all the wiring too, so will be like an oem install. Just a wee detail but one which will make a differnce.

119201750_10164270863950013_4873249727987313228_o.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Dave. Agree looks nicer with less going on. That Nardi wheel is really nice anyway.

Ha love an electric aerial takes me back to being a kid. Being shouted at trying to pull it out by hand

• Haha 2

• Dave unpinned this topic