Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Mazda speed suspension. That is all.

4 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Mazda speed suspension. That is all.

Does the mazdaspeed suspension have just a small drop in height compared to stock, but is a lot stiffer if I remember rightly? Might be an option although can't imagine anything from mazdaspeed being cheap!! lol

My MK2 was lowwwww! 

I suspect you can raise it up!

Will deffo be getting brand new suspension this year, it's top of the list. Although did just buy her a new stereo! Got yet another Pioneer, similar to the one in DD, but without Bluetooth. Has USB, DAB, CD etc and iPod/Android compatible. Should retail at £140...........got it 2nd hand for £20!!!! Fitted it today (did have to repair wiring on it though) and also fitted the spare DAB Ariel I had in garage. All working sweet, sounds superb and looks pretty good too! 

Will get some pics tomorrow.

Was your mx5 the 1.6 or 1.8 Tom? Can't remember.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Was your mx5 the 1.6 or 1.8 Tom? Can't remember.

search button not working @Dave

lol 

twas a 1.6. 

10 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

search button not working @Dave

lol 

twas a 1.6. 

Lol wot search button.........ohhhhhh that's what that is! Lmao

So, a little update! As some of you may already know, when I went to work on Carly (replacing rear calipers then bleeding brakes) things did not go smoothly! After new calipers were fitted, Gayle and I were in the garage finishing off bleeding the brakes. And that's when it happened!  I had a heart attack! I didn't have a clue what was happening but luckily Gayle spotted the signs and got me into the house then called for an ambulance. Wont go into too much details but they had a team waiting at the door pf the ERI who took me from ambulance straight into theatre. Two stents fitted then up to cardiac care unit. Both the team and the ambulance crew said if Gayle hadn't acted so quickly, I wouldn't be here now.

So obviously restoring Mindy has ground to a halt due to me having to recover and rebuild my strength/repair my old ticker. Well, not entirely ground to a halt! hehehe. I have changed her head unit again, after picking up a Pioneer DAB/USB head unit really cheap (like, £20!). Got it all fitted although it did have a fault with it's own wiring harness which I had to repair but all as good as new now. Had a spare brand new DAB ariel lying about in the garage so fitted that and all working perfectly. Love having the USB, as it means (like my other cars) no more CD's rattling about in the car. Will get photos of the new head unit when I remember, but here's a few of Mindy on a wee run yesterday down the coast road. Decided it was sunny, and I needed cheering up so off we tootled. Actually gave her quite a good blast, and even with the knackered suspension, totally enjoyed it. Flashed at a silver MK2 MX5 going through Port Seton but he blanked me! lol

jan_2019_2we run down coast.jpgjan_2019_3we run down coast.jpgjan_2019_4we run down coast.jpgjan_2019_5we run down coast.jpg

And my fav photo of her so far..

jan_2019.jpg

Hope you like. Will be tackling replacing the suspension once I have my strength back, then engine service/belts along with draining the brake fluid and renewing it (hopefully no dramas this time round!!)

• Like 1