Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly17

Rattle noise when cornering

Question

Hey everyone, noticed the other day occasionally when going around roundabouts if you accelerate hard there is a rattle especially if the roundabout has a rough surface  , best way I can describethe noise is it’s like a cadge door clanging or on cars with spare wheel underneath the car the metal holder not on properly and rattling when it’s loose, I’ve done the bounce test and suspension seems normal could it be an exhaust rubber hanger or is it likely to be suspension related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Any idea where the noise is coming from generally? Is it like a knock or does it keep rattling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Any idea where the noise is coming from generally? Is it like a knock or does it keep rattling? 

 

It sounds like it’s coming from passenger side rear end or middle of the car not too sure as I’m moving along it’s hard to gauge if the noise is traveling with it. certainly doesn’t sound like the noise is coming from the front area  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Dragonfly17 said:

 

It sounds like it’s coming from passenger side rear end or middle of the car not too sure as I’m moving along it’s hard to gauge if the noise is traveling with it. certainly doesn’t sound like the noise is coming from the front area  

Possibly one of the exhaust heat shields? They're made from really thin tin that rusts away around the bolts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/2/2018 at 8:13 PM, Dave said:

Possibly one of the exhaust heat shields? They're made from really thin tin that rusts away around the bolts. 

Yeah I wondered if it was the rubbers on the exhaust hangers so something making it clang I’ve imported a video for you took the car at 30mph around a roundabout just kept going round so I could record the noise going over bumps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×