Thinking or turboing MB6

Junior92

Has anyone hered turboed their MB6 and can advise me what is best way to go about this. I've been told to stay away from ebay £500turbo kit but don't fancy paying £2.5k from H Tune. I have collected a few bits so far, tubular manifold, braided rocker cover, oil catch can, aem fuel rail and pressure regulator, walbro 255 pump, p28 ecu, I know what bits I need but debating what turbo is good for atleast 350bhp and would you recommend running it stock engine or forge as don't want this to also end up as my brothers 350bhp scooby which blew up. Correct me Im wrong but do I just stick the turbo kit on B18C4 as most people tell me the engine is set up for turbo kit from factory? Also recommend me decent tuning places?

Hi mate. The B18 responds well to turbo-ing. Power doesn't come cheap though, so I would deffo stay away from eBay specials as the parts used are lower quality. The key is like the old saying.......buy cheap, buy twice! 

If looking for reliable power, I would advise upgrading the engine (especially if high miles) and also the clutch as the extra power will destroy an old/ standard clutch.

There have been a few turbo mb6 builds in the club so have a look through to see what others have done as this will give you the best indicator of what works.

Don't forget to upgrade the brakes too! Last thing you want is a fast car that you can't stop! 

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this one, as everyone loves a turbo conversation here!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Chinese gt30 copy on my civic and that'll do the job for 350 easy. .ones been mapped to 333bhp at 10psi because the engine is stock and I wanted it to be safe. 

Lots of people use those cheep gt30 copys. The one my donor car came with had been on for 20 or 30k and that had been given death. That turbo had zero play in when I removed it. I endedup putting a new gt30 copy on and kept the old one for a spare.