Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

5 minutes ago, VTISTURBO said:

Awesome mate. Love how mint your shell is. 

Thanks mate. It's not perfect. Still an old car but it is clean. Looking forward to more paintwork as right side is super fresh now. Looks spanking

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Getting ready for the summer by adding an oil cooler. Temps not too bad at the minute but naturally I expect them to soar in the summer months.

So I took the support I made for the intercooler off and cut it and welded on another section and some support bars.

IMG_20200208_144430.jpg

IMG_20200208_144500.jpg

IMG_20200208_190640.jpg

IMG_20200208_190754.jpg

IMG_20200208_202951.jpg

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 3

Loving the detail mate, even the bracket/frame for the intercooler looks class. My mission is to deffo see this in the metal! Consider your vtis on my bucket list....................no....wait a minute that sounds wrong! lolrlol.gif1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dmrichards said:

I really like that, looks super smart! any chance of making one up for me? I will pay of course. 

Also, how have you ran the boost hoses like that? Did you cut the front up to tuck them in? 

If I get a chance mate yeah. I'm stacked out lately. Struggling to do my own car.

Yeah boost pipes took a bit of p**sing around. Cutting etc. Won't be so bad if you have cut grill out of bumper as I had to cut and weld the bottom bar aswell to tuck the intercooler right in. 

1 minute ago, KiNK43 said:

If I get a chance mate yeah. I'm stacked out lately. Struggling to do my own car.

Yeah boost pipes took a bit of p**sing around. Cutting etc. Won't be so bad if you have cut grill out of bumper as I had to cut and weld the bottom bar aswell to tuck the intercooler right in. 

yeah I've just been looking through your build. makes me want to drive mine and make some changes! are you at any shows this year, would love to see this in person and pick your brains 

8 hours ago, dmrichards said:

yeah I've just been looking through your build. makes me want to drive mine and make some changes! are you at any shows this year, would love to see this in person and pick your brains 

Yeah will defo be at some shows. im Just a driveway tinkerer tho don't know anything about anything tbh. Lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

im Just a driveway tinkerer tho don't know anything about anything tbh. Lol

Yeah right!! rlol.gif1  The work you've done to her is amazing bud, don't sell yourself short. I love how spot on this car looks and how you've restored it.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:05 PM, KiNK43 said:

Yeah will defo be at some shows. im Just a driveway tinkerer tho don't know anything about anything tbh. Lol

I'd consider myself a driveway tinkerer I think you're a couple of levels above that. rlol.gif1

Keep us posted and I'll bring my deck.

I want to go retro rides again that was a great show.

• Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic