Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Taking advantage of not having much work on so started the suspension refurb.

New track rod end super pro droplink and hardrace upper arm. 

Polybushed the lower arm and ARB.

Need to get the coilovers picked up asap and unfortunately my spare knuckles with new bearings and ball joints are in the garage over the road who is shut

IMG_20200326_123315.jpg

IMG_20200325_153900.jpg

IMG_20200326_104358.jpg

IMG_20200326_101435.jpg

IMG_20200326_090421.jpg

IMG_20200326_123301.jpg

IMG_20200326_123329.jpg

IMG_20200326_124509.jpg

• Like 2

Wow!! That looks bloody amazing mate! That's giving me the incentive to get stuck into DD and get hers all removed/new bushes/painted. The difference that's made is immense bud, really does look superb. Only problem I have is garage doesnt have room to work in just now, tools are all packed away in boxes, nowhere to get new bushes or paint cos it's all shut! Damn it!! lol  :Facepalm1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Yes tbf @Dave can soon blast it out. I've hit a rut now tho aswell. Other side cannot get the nut off the inner rack end totally seized. So need to get new inners and boots really

It's never ending Jake, and always one bloody bolt to halt proceedings, but supose if all the jobs went smoothly it would soon get boring. The satisfaction you get when you finally get the offending bolt out and everything's back together is amazing.

So managed to get inner ends off. Random there's no flats to get a spanner on like on me old eg. Had to get a pair of grips on the go. So just waiting on the new bits to turn up to reassemble. Hoping this lot transforms the car. As the handling has been a big bug bear for me. And has developed many clunks since the power has been upped, Obviously stressing the already tired parts.

So will be a complete new front end. 

IMG_20200327_164847.jpg

IMG_20200327_164859.jpg

IMG_20200327_164906.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cars fell foul of Corona virus. Parts not turned up, knuckles still locked in mechanics I've the road. No sign of him for weeks.

So cars stuck on stands filthy. Not good.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

So front ends back together now.  Not finished as still not got my coilovers. And my knuckles are still locked a way but least it's usable again. And should still be a big improvement with all new poly bushes. Inner and outta rack ends. Droplinks and upper arms.

Spent the other day going over the car with meguires ultimate compound aswell. Try and remove all the little swirls etc.  Really nice polish to be honest. Used on DA. Came up great. Nice coat of wax on after.

IMG_20200415_160422.jpg

IMG_20200413_100421.jpg

IMG_20200418_184740.jpg

• Like 3

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic