Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

More dissapointment today.

I ordered used from speed equip autocenter.

Last time now. Tells me stuffs mint. Turns up a load of scruffy crap to go straight in the bin.

A snapped parcel shelf to replace my snapped parcel shelf. Cheers.

And this damn window trim.

How is it so difficult to get a window trim for my passenger door. Took months of being messed about and wasting money. 

Nothing new now. First he sent the wrong side now he sent a cracked and perished one all peeling and rusty underneath. So fed up with it.

Could never recommend anyone buy from that place. Took the p**s every time I've used em.

I can imagine your pain mate, at least you gave them one last chance!!

Hope you get the right stuff! 

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

More dissapointment today.

I ordered used from speed equip autocenter.

Last time now. Tells me stuffs mint. Turns up a load of scruffy crap to go straight in the bin.

A snapped parcel shelf to replace my snapped parcel shelf. Cheers.

And this damn window trim.

How is it so difficult to get a window trim for my passenger door. Took months of being messed about and wasting money. 

Nothing new now. First he sent the wrong side now he sent a cracked and perished one all peeling and rusty underneath. So fed up with it.

Could never recommend anyone buy from that place. Took the p**s every time I've used em.

Is that Speed Equip as in Naz one of our traders mate? Do you have photos of the faulty parts?

• 4 weeks later...

Not done a lot with car as not had any time. But I have booked a track day at donnington park in 1 months time. So Its now a race against time to rebush the bank end. Fit coilovers and get aligned.

Changed a few bits and bobs today. Some fittings etc. Got some fresh oil and a filter in there. Also picked up a scruffy bumper and cut it for max airflow. 

Thaught just bang this one on for track days, be better in case have a little nudge or something aswell :)

• Like 1

That should be good mate. I love Donnington - saw the moto GP there a couple of times. Would be my first choice for a track day. 

She's Definitely got her mouth wide open with that new bumper on... That should get plenty of air in. Will you be putting any kind of lip on? 

44 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

That should be good mate. I love Donnington - saw the moto GP there a couple of times. Would be my first choice for a track day. 

She's Definitely got her mouth wide open with that new bumper on... That should get plenty of air in. Will you be putting any kind of lip on? 

Yeah looking forward to it. Should be a laugh ay. Be able to pick up some speed on the straight!!

The bumper is literally just a trackday thing. Ill use my normal bumper the rest of the time. 

So not too fussed about a lip. Unless seen one silly cheap. 

Probably just paint this black with rattle cans and be done with it.

Day got me knuckles back all ready roll. New ball joints and bearings. Extended studs in.

Happened to notice when unde rthe car had a little leak appeared round the crank pulley. Irritated me so started having a look, ended up being a right ballache. cambelt off, cams need to come out to change the seals.

Lesson learned they are literally the only aftermarket seals I used on the whole car and there leaking. Get some OEM ones in there. 

IMG_20200528_165718.jpg

IMG_20200528_201524.jpg

• Like 1

Bet you're glad to get those knuckles back. The extended ball joints make a nice difference. Really noticed the change when I went back to standard ones. 

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic