Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Glad your getting parts arriving to keep the momentum going in this build. 2nd hand front bumper is a cracking idea for track use btw! applause.gif1

Would love to see this in the flesh! 

17 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Glad your getting parts arriving to keep the momentum going in this build. 2nd hand front bumper is a cracking idea for track use btw! applause.gif1

Would love to see this in the flesh! 

More bits on the way too. Need to get this thing in shape now for donnington.

Btw what are you in now? Always enjoyed your threads.

3 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

More bits on the way too. Need to get this thing in shape now for donnington.

Btw what are you in now? Always enjoyed your threads.

Hope to see a link to on-board footage of this trackday, if possible!

Driving a 335d just now mate, in process of tidying her up by getting front n rear bumpers painted. Just had wheels refurbed last week and possible DPF removal in near future. Great car but it's not my VTi-s cry.gif1

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Hope to see a link to on-board footage of this trackday, if possible!

Driving a 335d just now mate, in process of tidying her up by getting front n rear bumpers painted. Just had wheels refurbed last week and possible DPF removal in near future. Great car but it's not my VTi-s cry.gif1

Sweet have a real softspot for beemers!

Yeah I'll put camera in car no problems, I will admit I'm not the greatest of drivers tho so  probably be taking it fairly easy.

54 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Sweet have a real softspot for beemers!

Yeah I'll put camera in car no problems, I will admit I'm not the greatest of drivers tho so  probably be taking it fairly easy.

Of course mate, not looking for John Cleland driving as this is your pride n joy and daily! 

When i tracked my civic, i drove at 90% (i can be mental sometimes) as to preserve my daily!!!

• Like 1

Busy day today. What a horrible job to do on jack's.

The bushes were absolutely shot as you can see. The LCA literally swung about had that much movement in the bushes. And the trailing arm bush well picture says it all.

IMG_20200601_192330.jpg

IMG_20200601_192323.jpg

IMG_20200601_124319.jpg

IMG_20200601_124314.jpg

Edited by KiNK43

So that's out with the old. 

Here's in with the new. Cleaned everything up without going mad. Not being mega OCD as cars there to be driven.

So replaced the trailing arm bushes with poly. Recommend this type, there dead easy to fit.

Got some skunk2 lower arms as liked the colour combo. Matched what I'm doing elsewhere and subtle.

And some Meister R zeta pro coilovers. Getting excited going to be transformed!!!

Also have some hardrace rear camber arms to sling on another day. Want to paint them black first. 

IMG_20200601_190645.jpg

IMG_20200601_190657.jpg

IMG_20200601_190633.jpg

IMG_20200601_153100.jpg

IMG_20200601_190636.jpg

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 2

Arse end is done now. Correct length bolts fitted to shock. New clevis pins in the handbrake as had to cut them off. 

Hardrace upper arms fitted.

And raised up 10mm. Think I like it that height. Sensible.

Probably got about an hour's work on the fronts and can go get an alignment.

Can anyone recommend camber and toe settings?

IMG_20200608_192015-01.jpeg

IMG_20200608_181931.jpg

IMG_20200608_191051.jpg

• Like 1

Mate that height looks spot on, plus will go some ways to help protect that stunning undercarriage. Think Ali (burbleboy) might be able to help with the settings or Dan DMRichards? Loving how clean this looks, credit to you bud!

DD also needs those bushes replaced although they passed the mot but they look completely shot. It's deffo on my list of things to get done.

• Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic