Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

53 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Lovely car and a credit to the effort and money put in. As you said, defo a keeper after all this! I laughed when you nailed it on motorway, we ALL do the same to test the water! I done the same and lifted at about 170. (clock showes 160). Wasnt prepared for the consequences if things went wrong. Instantly slowed! Good buzz tho. You can safely do that on the track with that beast!

Cheers mate. Haha has to be done now and doesn't it. Get it out the system. But yes will save it for the track now. Blyton park is coming up in August. Good times.

1 hour ago, burbleboy said:

Lovely car and a credit to the effort and money put in. As you said, defo a keeper after all this! I laughed when you nailed it on motorway, we ALL do the same to test the water! I done the same and lifted at about 170. (clock showes 160). Wasnt prepared for the consequences if things went wrong. Instantly slowed! Good buzz tho. You can safely do that on the track with that beast!

Just realised your numbers.. this the beemer?  170 jeez

35 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Yeah man, probably not much more to give. Went there quick tho! But not as fast as yours ;)

That's some good going mate. Which model have you got and any tuning?

3 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

That's some good going mate. Which model have you got and any tuning?

335d E90 model. Custom map and a little exhaust work. 350bhp and 520nm. Effortless but lacks drama, like say a turbo'd civic :) i like drama!

8 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

335d E90 model. Custom map and a little exhaust work. 350bhp and 520nm. Effortless but lacks drama, like say a turbo'd civic :) i like drama!

I'd imagine that's fly's along quite nicely tbh!! With bags of low down grunt too!!

Yes turbo civic is definitely dramatic. Especially with a big turbo. Lures you into thinking there's not much go, then slaps you around the chops when turbo finally spins up.

1 minute ago, KiNK43 said:

I'd imagine that's fly's along quite nicely tbh!! With bags of low down grunt too!!

Yes turbo civic is definitely dramatic. Especially with a big turbo. Lures you into thinking there's not much go, then slaps you around the chops when turbo finally spins up.

Means you have to think a little when you drive it. Which is a good thing. With mine, its squirt and go!

3 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Means you have to think a little when you drive it. Which is a good thing. With mine, its squirt and go!

Big soft spot for beemers. E90 e92 lovely lookers!.

• 2 weeks later...

Track day prep upgraded the brakes on a budget. Fitted some braided lines, and some HEL hp600 pads. Claim great things but seem to be at a better price point than anything comparable.

Unfortunately found I need a new rear caliper so picking one up tomorrow. Then can flush with ate type200 fluid. 

IMG_20200727_192924.jpg

IMG_20200727_204233.jpg

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic