Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

5 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Dc2 but I sent them a message saying it was an mb6

Cool. 

Finally managed to get a reply from goodridge today. The ones listed for the deck are the same as the ej/ek ones but the mb6 ones are different. When I pointed that out they replied asking for the lengths so they could double check. 

14 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Cool. 

Finally managed to get a reply from goodridge today. The ones listed for the deck are the same as the ej/ek ones but the mb6 ones are different. When I pointed that out they replied asking for the lengths so they could double check. 

Mine if anything are a touch long. Fine but fronts in particular were awkward to route.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple issues lately. Car was struggling to boost. Seemed to be on wastegate pressure only. 

Found that the 3 port boost solenoid is not functioning properly. But also whilst looking for potential causes. Noticed my bloody rediculously expensive manifold had a crack in it around the wastegate.

Thaught oh no not again, had so many issues with racetech manifold cracking. Bit that cracked withing a month and this has lasted over a year so suppose not too bad. 

Right so to fix it. Me pal Rich tig'd up the wastegate flange and added a little piece of stainless to try spread the load a little. And I set about making a support bracket for the underside of the turbo.

IMG_20200923_102243.jpg

received_329209825061854.jpeg

IMG_20200923_104849.jpg

Also found some new seats. The leathers are not great on track, i was sliding all over the place making it much harder to change direction quickly.

But equally the car is not an all out track beast so didn't want bucket seats.

OEM Recaros seemed to make the most sense, nice half way house between support and comfort for the road.

IMG_20200923_104940.jpg

• Like 2

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic