Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Hmm not sure how they'll look just yet but wanted another set of wheels for track something light that can run better tyres on.

The ns2r were really not great on track. Squeling all the time and letting go much sooner than I'd have liked!!!

Anyway..

IMG_20201007_164854.jpg

IMG_20201007_220440.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marcus_mb4 said:

Car looks stunning dude. You were at blyton the day after me. Why didn't you like the ns2r. That's what I've got on mine. I thought they were good once hot but took about 2 laps to get them hot enough for maximum send. 

Haha literally just posted about them.

Erm possible the sidewall too tall as running 195 55 15. Just seemed to let go real easy and were squeling constantly. They were better after p**sed about with the pressures bit not great.

Not saying they were terrible, just not amazing either imo.

2 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Haha literally just posted about them.

Erm possible the sidewall too tall as running 195 55 15. Just seemed to let go real easy and were squeling constantly. They were better after p**sed about with the pressures bit not great.

Not saying they were terrible, just not amazing either imo.

Ah I've got 50s and they are an XL and extremely stiff sidewall. I didn't notice any squealing. Maby I wasn't going as fast as you, after all u are boosted. 

Growing on me for sure. Tyres are insane. Had a good ride out this afternoon chucked it into a few roundabout. Bonkers level of grip, there a serious tyre and a new favourtite.! Seats make a big difference aswell. Become a much better drivers car.

Bumpers on. Took a bit of tinkering never been happy with how the bumper sat kinda stuck out one side. 

Not any more all lines up beautifully. And looks fresh.

Shame rest of the car needs a good wash and wax.

Fitted the bumper up real nice. All new foam under the lip and new stainless hardware. The two fixings underneath onto the slam panel. had previously sheared off so drilled them out and put Rivnuts in there instead. Much better.

While had bumper off fitted an eg washer bottle too. Might seem odd but it's about half the size of mb one. So when full it'll be a couple of kilos less right on the nose. Which can only be a good thing 

IMG_20201011_163430.jpg

IMG_20201011_163333.jpg

IMG_20201011_151618.jpg

IMG_20201011_151608.jpg

IMG_20201011_163204.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! The car looks like she just rolled out the showroom mate, new bumper paint makes such a difference. Are those tyres legal on the road?? Look almost like slicks!! lol Be the grip is insane in the dry.........and probably "interesting" in the wet! lol :-D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Wow! The car looks like she just rolled out the showroom mate, new bumper paint makes such a difference. Are those tyres legal on the road?? Look almost like slicks!! lol Be the grip is insane in the dry.........and probably "interesting" in the wet! lol :-D

Well I'm not exactly sure tbh. They state on website that they are road legal but for 90% track and 10% road use. 

However there's some 2014 legislation that seems to imply that they aren't road legal. Who knows. 

Either way there sweet as hell in the dry. As you say wet will be another story I'm sure haha. 

Yeah it's looking real nice nowadays tbh. Bumper was the worst part on the car. Cracked corners and had been painted before with the lip on why I don't know. Painter said no point trying to paint that again. So replacement was the only option.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic