Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Not much to update really. I've actually now retired it for the winter I think. Be in the garage now.

Looking to sell the engine and turbo kit tho. 

But did donington last weekend. 

Great fun but was far too wet in the morning. Ended up in the gravel in the pouring rain. Blaming my tires was like an ice rink. Luckily only some very minor stone chips on the car could have been much worse.

It's much improved tho generally. Seats great. New wheels and tyres great in the dry later in the day.

50566791546_71d811bdbe_k.jpg

50566842377_f8f19c98d4_k.jpg

50566831791_f1149afcfa_k.jpg

50566842037_1daea4f374_h.jpg

50566876712_8d739c1da0_k.jpg

50565959658_04a5998bc0_k.jpg

• Like 2

Kudos to you for taking her on the track in the wet mate, I panic on a track in the dry in case someone crashes into me! Looking forward to the next part of the build, and whoever buys her current heart will be getting one hell of a motor! 8-)

Yeah it was super sketchy, some of the other lads had decent wet tyres and were literally going at it flat out no bother!!

Had a few Interested parties in the engine setup but unfortunately being low balled so far. I won't let it go for peanuts it's cost me alot of dow to out together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done coil on plug conversion this weekend. Just waiting on the actual coils turning up. Slow Xmas delivery I expect.

Figured be more reliable long-term.

Used hondarulez kit. Pretty straightforward to fit. Interested to see how it works out.

What suprised me when taking distributor off to modify it. 

Was a screw poking through where it should not have been.

It's the rotor arm screw come out. Can only blame myself as I rebuilt the dizzy some time ago. Obviously hadn't had my wheatabix that day and not cranked it up.

I'm unsure when this occured, however the car started and ran just fine like this. And last two times it's been out were for track day and Dyno where it made healthy figures.  Amazing it still ran at all really. Haha.

IMG_20210101_154519.jpg

received_744169503123516.jpeg

IMG_20210101_154514.jpg

IMG_20210101_154345.jpg

IMG_20210101_130929.jpg

IMG_20210101_130913.jpg

IMG_20210102_135820.jpg

• Like 1

I've not had a screw on my rotor arm for years. When I got the reconditioned dizzy, it didn't have one - the arm was kind of bonded on... I even had to get in touch with their tech support to double check. They said it should just pop off... But ended up having to destroy it to get it off. Every new arm I've had since has had the hole for the screw but no screw. Always been fine though (touch wood). 

That kit looks pretty good - will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

I've not had a screw on my rotor arm for years. When I got the reconditioned dizzy, it didn't have one - the arm was kind of bonded on... I even had to get in touch with their tech support to double check. They said it should just pop off... But ended up having to destroy it to get it off. Every new arm I've had since has had the hole for the screw but no screw. Always been fine though (touch wood). 

That kit looks pretty good - will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

Interesting. However the rotor arm in here had been moving a lot. Wearing both the cap and the plastic guard out.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple hours to play about this morning. Got the car running on the k20 coil pack. Seems cool. Runs nice. Need to make a plate to hold the coils down mind as I expect they will jump off as they are.

Also managed to get the Bluetooth working finally. What a pain in the a*s that has been.

However it now seems responsive. 

And outputs all engine sensors to my phone using Tunerview app. Can overlay them onto video footage so shall have a play with that on next track day

• Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic