Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

• 1 month later...

Couple of nice days spurred me on to get the car out and do a bit again. Few jobs I'd like to tackle this year. 

Started with fitting mg zs rear ARB. Thanks @dr_broon.

Damn it was rusty, so had the full works blasted acid dipped and powder coated. All new links and bushes. Straight away when cornering at speed can feel the improvement.

Had a ongoing issue where loose boost control. Which leaves me with only 6.5 psi of boost which is not good when expecting the shabang!!!

After consulting with Rich, we concluded that the solenoid is getting cooked as it's fairly close to the manifold which naturally gives off loads of heat.

So replaced that and moved under the headlight. See how that goes. 

Then time for a quick was literally spent a quick hour getting the dust off from storage. Looks a bit better.

IMG_20210222_184510.jpg

IMG_20210222_184448.jpg

IMG_20210227_164137.jpg

IMG_20210228_165048.jpg

IMG_20210228_165201.jpg

IMG_20210228_165143.jpg

• Like 3

I'm glad the bar came up okay... It was Definitely crispy - was probably all that was holding tubs rear end together :lol:

The solenoid should be getting plenty of fresh air there. 

She's looking mint s always. 8-)

8 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Started with fitting mg zs rear ARB

Jake, did you add any washers or spaces to the bolts when you fitted it? I seem to remember when folk first started fitting them it was a thing because they had a different geometry to the civic one. 

I need to check mine when I get it back, but can't remember the crack. 

• Like 1

Didn't put any washers on no. Have skunk2 LCA tho. Which are very thick.

I recall it's necessary to use washers on the standard LCA due to the shape of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right this is it. Got some optimism now that can go to some shows and do some bits this year. So starting to feel like doing bits on the car, a welcome break from just go work - sit on sofa - go work - sit on sofa over and over. 

So new oil and filter today. 

And changed the front brakes. We're looking pretty rough after donnington and upon inspection the discs have cracks all around the bell. Not good. So changed for some pagid discs. Widely regarded as excellent blanks for track etc. All the Clio boys run them. Liking the hel hp600 pads so in they went.

Also managed to get some. New arch liners and undertray from a mint low mileage mb3. Which is nice, these little bits excite me for some reason as there often chewed up or damaged as my old ones were both.

Just need to tweak the undertray as it's now covering my screamer pipe as didn't have one on before.

IMG_20210316_134829.jpg

IMG_20210316_135612.jpg

IMG_20210316_152103.jpg

IMG_20210315_183324.jpg

• Like 2

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic