Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Had a little project to do today. Baught a dizzy cap delete from abroad ages ago and it finally turned up and bloody thing didn't even fit for some reason. It's slightly too small.

So had to cut a spacer to place between it and the dizzy. Turned out well enough.

IMG_20210911_171543.jpg

IMG_20210911_162838.jpg

IMG_20210911_162824.jpg

IMG_20210911_152918.jpg

• Like 2

Looks tidy mate, nice job on the spacer. 

Must be for a different dizzy - I got a reconditioned dizzy years ago, and every time I buy a new cap it's slightly too big, so I have to keep buying the caps from the place I got it from to get one that fits. 

How are you finding the electronic ignition? 

• Like 1

Yeah I guess must be. Only a few mm's in it. But enough.

Yes I really like the coil packs. I think they look great for some reason. And so far been.

No more worrying car won't start when come out the shop with your milk and tea bags. 

Shame can't get rid of the dizzy all together but still has sensors inside. And use it to set ignition timing 

• Like 1

I avoided having wideband O2 on this car because on my old eg I was always looking at the gauge and it was very distracting and led to unnecessary worry when wasn't displaying what I thought it should. But as I'm running one now into the s300 ECU. I decided to mount the gauge in the glovebox  so that I can monitor it when need to. But close it away when just out using or enjoying the car.

IMG_20210916_190835.jpg

• Like 1

Back at dynodaze now for downpipe mods. V band flange, lambda bungs added and hopefully have the wastegate plumbed back into the exhaust rather than the screamer pipe.

Interesting day and a bit of a test run for the track really. Hired a trailer and towed the civic on the back of the Hilux. No dramas really pulls no problem.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Nice spot for the guage bud. 

Should have got some pics of the transport :-D

Will be good being able to get her track ready before you go there. 

I know normally snap happy. But was a bit of a faf. Pushed for time to get to dynodaze and was blocking the road loading up. Typical no one moves on my dead end street where I live. And as soon as was blocking road with trailer. Engines firing up everywhere people trying to get out the street. Lol

• Haha 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic