Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

10 hours ago, Dave said:

Yeah, deffo driveability over having max power for a short time than bang lol.  See, If I had my engine in bits like that on a bench, I'd be looking at all the bits with my fist in my mouth going (mumbled obviously!) "s**t, what have I done!! Hope I can mind where all these bits go!!" LOL Mighty impressive skills you've got their man, and makes this such a cracking thread to follow.

I'm not gonna lie, I dunno what I'm doing. Winging it. lol.

Last build was great. So hoping I have the same luck with this one. But I won't be feeling comfortable about anything until it's in and running. But.. all part of the fun for me just a big boys toy. Like the tinkering and the learning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Finally!! Custom headgasket turned up. Couldn't wait to make some progress so soon as home from work got setup and fitted the ARP headstuds and the headgasket. Torqued in 3 stages to 80 ft lb. Recon can wrap this up over the weekend 

PXL_20221020_173607474.jpg

PXL_20221020_174236222.jpg

PXL_20221020_183948282.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Belter! Been wondering how it's been going. Probably said it before but it's a thing of beauty is that. 

Haha it hasn't been going!! But now it is. It's been in my dining room for ages which isn't going down too well. So time to wrap it up and move it to the garage.

It's been difficult to determine the correct clearance to the head. No one seems to know. There's no figures online or in manual.

But I do know the heads been skimmed twice and the blocks been decked twice, so err'd on the side of caution and ordered a custom headgasket 10 thou thicker than standard. Now that's arrived and in, crack on again 

• Like 2

Must admit I was wondering about that... I'd be getting proper grief ("I thought you said it wouldn't be long!") :lol:

Nice one. Yeah, makes sense to be cautious.. After all that you've put into it so far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, dr_broon said:

Must admit I was wondering about that... I'd be getting proper grief ("I thought you said it wouldn't be long!") :lol:

LOL I wouldn't have even got it past the door!! Be like "and where'd you think you're going with that? Garage is over there!rlol.gif1

• Haha 2

Loving watching the build on this Jake, I wouldn't have the confidence/knowhow myself to take an engine down to the bare block and build it up again bit do love watching it happen. Hats off to you mate and keep up the amazing work!8-)

Any idea when it will be back in the car. Be interested to see what the differences are driving wise/any gains over previous build. Deffo my fav VTiS, such a stunner of a car in every way.

• Like 2

I dunno when will put it in the car. Don't plan on waiting around too long tbh. 

Still money to throw at it tho. So get it in and see how things go. Need bigger injectors etc. Probably Bosch's this time.

• Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic