Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Think once the engine in it kinda spurs you on with the project eh? Know when I worked with my brother in a garage restoring old rovers (P6,s , SD1's and a few P5 coupes) it would feel like it was taking forever to get a car completed, but once the engine was in we got a new lease of life and cracked on!

Yeah i guess so. Still be along way to go really. But no rush. Just want to get it running n/a get an mot.. and put a few miles on it before sticking the turbo on.

Once at that stage I will start on the suspension is supose.

A  spray gun finish is always best Jake :smile:

I think it's very wise of you to run in the engine before whacking on the turbo.

Do you intend uprating the cooling system ?

Keep up the good work.

17 hours ago, Gel said:

A  spray gun finish is always best Jake :smile:

I think it's very wise of you to run in the engine before whacking on the turbo.

Do you intend uprating the cooling system ?

Keep up the good work.

That's a dual core rad and will use an oil cooler. 

Same as my last turbo build.

I don't think this turbo will put so much heat into the system as before anyway. 

Previous td05 was small and always working hard even so temps were under control.

• Like 1

I also removed the butterflies from the Intake manifold should flow a little better. 

And made up a plug and play resistor box for the low impedance injectors.

Also using a GM bulkhead mounted map sensor so wired that into a plug so can just plug in.

Will do the same with Injector's so can just got swap between the 560s and stock.

Going to use a p28 that I've socketed. Used the same last time and it's fine. 

Suppose it's a little basic no safety features other than overboost. But does the job just fine.

BWR manifold isn't ps compatible which is a shame. So started making a custom pump bracket that clears the manifold. Need a bit of slim lining and tarting up but should be functional. 

received_379370409293068.jpeg

• Like 2

A dual core radiator sounds the business to me,  should be more than man enough for the job.

You must be both excited and nervous after building your first full engine ever.

You're educating me as you go ..... who said "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" applause.gif1

• Like 1

Yeah I am more nervous tbh. Gonna be the biggest anti climax ever if it's no good. And I will have a meltdown. No way I can do it again. Been a real stress with work life and family life and trying to do our first house up as it was an absolute crap hole. 

• Like 2

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic