Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

That boot looks like it's never been used! Clean as! Glad you got the rear seats fitted properly, know they can be a pain! She's looking lovely and deffo agree that just subtle mods are the way to go with these now as they are getting rare (well, the decent ones in good nick are like yours).

I'm still thinking about putting DD back on her standard suspension, oh, and even found her original 14" alloys when moving the shed! Not that they'll be going back on, but good to have them for when she does hit proper modern classic status. Originality is where the money is.

It's not perfect mate has few small dints etc. But certainly not bad. Better than all others I viewed at the time. Mostly visibly rusty and quite tatty. This was maybe the 8th one I viewed.

Bit of a wash and hand polish today. Needs a machine polish really. But nice to give her some love.

And finally.... Actually went for a little drive few miles the next village. Seems to go just fine. Smooth and no smoke that I can see.

Still leaking from somewhere I need to get her up and have a look.

Clutch is gonna take some getting used too. Very snatchy.

IMG_20190504_105335.jpg

IMG_20190504_105316.jpg

• Like 4

Wow !   that's a finish you can be proud of......your car looks brand spanking new.

Was it a competition clutch you used ?  seeing as it's so snatchy.

Is it an oil leak you speak of ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gel said:

Wow !   that's a finish you can be proud of......your car looks brand spanking new.

Was it a competition clutch you used ?  seeing as it's so snatchy.

Is it an oil leak you speak of ?

Yeah its a stage 4 or 5 (can't remember now) comp clutch and flywheel. I put an organic clutch in my last turbo civic which was lovely but used to slip if ya pulled off hard so yaknow didnt fancy risking that again.

It is an oil leak yes. I think it's the 1/8 plug fitted where the turbo oil feed will be. But cannot confirm without having a proper look. 

• Like 1

Competition clutches tend to be snatchy by nature so you'll have to get the hang of it as the disc beds in.

Snagging is to be expected so good luck with the minor oil leak.

2 minutes ago, dmrichards said:

I've got the stage 4 competition clutch in mine and still after a few thousand miles it's the same. Very snatchy, does take some getting use too 

Driving in heavy traffic can be tiresome.....the upside is.......others will not be able to master your car without practise.

• Like 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic