MeisterR leaking

Vtisgilman

Hi all. 

Don't know if anyone here might be able to help me out. Iv got a set of the older meisterR zeta s coilovers on my vtis. They have been on about 5 years now and recently the drivers side rear has started leaking oil, about a drip a week. 

I contacted meisterR and they don't rebuild the older ones and said I just need to buy new set. I'd like to avoid this for as long as I can so was wondering if anyone has an old set laying around that I could get hold of. Hopefully someone will be like me and have an odd set cos ones damaged or even a whole set going cheap. 

Thanks 

No they said they don't. These ones are out of production so I'd have to buy two new rear ones to make a matching axel. If i have to do that I'd rather buy all new but don't wanna spend the money at the moment. Only just bought coilovers for my gt86. 

Yeah I set up the group buy for them and I think that's when you got yours so they will be exactly same age. They have probably done less than 8000 miles in that time, think that maybe the problem. With the car sat not being used for long periods of time I think the seals have probably dried out or something. 

1 hour ago, Vtisgilman said:

Yeah I set up the group buy for them and I think that's when you got yours so they will be exactly same age. They have probably done less than 8000 miles in that time, think that maybe the problem. With the car sat not being used for long periods of time I think the seals have probably dried out or something. 

:nonono: Oh bugger! Think I'll need to check DD's too then as she sits around for long periods. Not done 8k yet but that's a hella low mileage for them to be leaking at already mate. Considering the price, if I find DD's are the same I'm gonna be mightily pee'd off!

Yeah I am pretty annoyed. It might be I'm just unlucky and you'll be fine. My car has lived outside all that time aswell, only recently got a big enough garage to keep it in. 

Although if you do find one leaking I'll buy the others off you ;)

• Like 1

mine seem fine, i run mine real low and mine tends to sit for quite a while at a time, i have asked before about replacement shock because of the thread on the collar, and they were selling them when i asked a year ago. i just cleaned up the thread and is better now

Yeah, DD is garaged all year round, although most cars aren't so those shocks should last a damn site longer than that! 

Will check DD's in the next few weeks. Thinking about getting new front calipers then get her down for an MOT.