skitzma8

Those wheels will look so much better on her mate, Yes, the SR MB1 is a very rare car now. I would even say that the MA civics now are probably rarer than a vtis or at the same level.

46 minutes ago, Dave said:

Those wheels will look so much better on her mate, Yes, the SR MB1 is a very rare car now. I would even say that the MA civics now are probably rarer than a vtis or at the same level.

Thanks they will look a lot better on the MA once they have been refurbished in the same silver colour :-D. MA Civics are very rare now took me years to find this one in the same colour as my old MA.

• Like 1

7B8622C1-0BE5-4533-8204-F277DD3E7E69_zps I have started to sand down my civic SR alloys, I have done well with these as there is no curb rash or major marks on them, so they look like they are going to come up well after the refurb :-D I am very tempted to lower the car on springs because I know it will look a lot better, but I have a baby now so I don’t want the ride to be too harsh any advice please?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gel said:

The addition of the spoiler smartens up your car no end.....should be looking good once you fit the rare wheels :)

Thanks the spoiler has made the MA look a lot better, I can’t wait to fit the rare mb1 sr alloys, will make my MA look like an sr then B)

• Like 1

Regarding lowering, from cars I've been in that are using just lowering springs, the ride is really harsh due to the springs needing to be a lot stiffer as the car has less damping room available. Decent coilovers will give you the drop in height, and can be set up to your taste. Don't be fooled though, even these will still be stuffed than normal, but a lot more compliant. Stay well away from cheaper eBay specials, they won't last long and give an unbearable ride, very crashy and way to stiff.

For a decent set, look to spend around £600-£700

13 hours ago, Dave said:

Regarding lowering, from cars I've been in that are using just lowering springs, the ride is really harsh due to the springs needing to be a lot stiffer as the car has less damping room available. Decent coilovers will give you the drop in height, and can be set up to your taste. Don't be fooled though, even these will still be stuffed than normal, but a lot more compliant. Stay well away from cheaper eBay specials, they won't last long and give an unbearable ride, very crashy and way to stiff.

For a decent set, look to spend around £600-£700

I was going to go for springs for 30mm drop, I don’t want the car lowered too much, but looks like I’m going to have to spend abit more as I don’t want the ride to be harsh, hopefully I can find a good brand of coil overs in good condition second hand :)

296B5C51-C3B4-449D-BA95-AE09A62D5983_zps I ordered the original 1996 Honda Civic MA dealers brochure it has now arrived and have enjoyed reading through it :) it tells you all the specs of every model that was offered, and gives you quite abit if information about the Civic MA, it even has an MA the same colour as mine on the front page as it’s the best colour 8-) 

• Like 2

Nice find!! I just bought a whole load of original Mk1 Mazda MX5 brochures for Mindy. Love looking through them, even got the accessory brochures and the price list for 1997......which is the year mine was registered! Will look nice at any car shows, will have the brochures on display on the dashboard. Picked up an original owners handbook for her too as that was missing.

• Like 1