skitzma8

Also regards to lowering... I found MG ZS units with a slight fork modification can give you a nice little drop, and comfort will be exactly as the manufacturer intended! 

Running this on my deck with ZERO problems so far after about a years driving

that route is only if you want a cheap uncompromised option... if you got the pennies then a set of meisters if the way forward 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snakey135 said:

Also regards to lowering... I found MG ZS units with a slight fork modification can give you a nice little drop, and comfort will be exactly as the manufacturer intended! 

Running this on my deck with ZERO problems so far after about a years driving

that route is only if you want a cheap uncompromised option... if you got the pennies then a set of meisters if the way forward 

Good shout, i might go with the mg zs shocks and springs as I’m only looking for a slight drop in height and need to keep the car comfortable for my little one, only want it about 20-30mm lower 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alloys will be finished soon just waiting on better weather to paint the last 2 wheels, and I’m also thinking about doing an engine swap in the summer as the 90bhp 1.5 vtec e engine that’s  in the ma, is gutless to say the least lol, my Mk1 golf cabrio is a lot quicker. Think I need some b series power!

• Like 1

MGZS is a good set up mate, although as the MGs are also becoming rarer now same as our Civic M's it might be harder than it used to be finding a set. If you do ho for them, speak to Andrew (noodels) on here about the modified front forks as he did them for his.

• Like 1

I have decided on the route I’m going to go with the engine swap I’m going to go for a B20Z1 out of a Honda CR-V it has 147bhp standard and a decent bit of torque I’m going to leave it without vtec at first the add a vtec head later on down the line what would I need to carry out the engine swap I will be doing the work myself, I just want to know what I will need to get the engine running I’m my MA the B20Z1 engine doesn’t have vtec so should be a simple swap I think? Help appreciated with what I will need please.

• 2 weeks later...