Hi guys, so my Mb2 is going to be turning 20 very soon this year :shock: So one of the jobs I’m wanting to do is replacing all major bushings etc. 

I’ve just never done this before and have no idea what bushes are on the car, front suspension and back. Also where can I get all the right parts and how much is it going to cost approximately?

Trailing arm bushes badly need doing, also sure I’ve heard the front anti roll bar knocking, rear LCA bushes could do with replacing as well. Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated!

Edited by AJCivic

Strong flex do the bushes. You may aswell replace with poly much easier to fit and better drive and last better too.

If you can't get a kit for your car. Then eg bushes will fit all except anti roll bars and also the middle bush on the LCA is ek.

5 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Strong flex do the bushes. You may aswell replace with poly much easier to fit and better drive and last better too.

If you can't get a kit for your car. Then eg bushes will fit all except anti roll bars and also the middle bush on the LCA is ek.

Thanks for the advice, didn’t know about different bushes on the LCA. Why can’t it be easy to get replacement arms and save the messing :rolleyes: though I was under the assumption polybushes are tougher and therefore give a stiffer and not as comfortable ride? 

Other question is would I not be able to get the parts I need for a direct replacement from Honda? 

You can get from honda but very expensive and you will need to press the bushes in.

With poly bushes you can burn out the old bush which will loosen the metal ring aswell and allow you to tap it out. Then the new poly bushes just push in by hand.

They come in different hardnesses. 

Id describe the car as feeling taughter not harsher

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know the sizes of the rear LCA bushes? Was going to get a spare set from an MB6, get new bushes and after they’re on I will be able to put an anti roll bar on.

Or am I going about this the wrong way and should just try get replacement arms? Seems a lot more expensive to do that