Mg zs seats

kalvtec

Question

Hi

I know this topic has been covered quite a few times and ive been through the threads many times to make sense of exactly whats involved but sadly i dont think a definate answer has been provided on whats involved to make mg zs seats into an mb civic....not seen any how to's either...

Ive seen lots people say they have seen the fixing patterns and they are the same but i know for a fact they are not as i have both cars atm. 

So the obvious answer is they fit BUT with some modifications....but what im failing to find info on is exactly what fiddling needs to be done to make them fit?

Sorry to be a noob but im desperate to get my zs (which im breaking atm) seats into my mb civic as they are so much better and look lovely.

I have them for sale to but im tempted to hold back otherwise i will regret very much and not be able to find another clean set...

Im a bit clueless on this sorry but can someone at least tell me which type of garage (mechanic,bodyshop or car interior retrimmers?) i need to visit to help me out on this?

If anyone has done this personally PLEASE get in touch so i can cancel my advert on ebay...

Thank you

10 answers to this question

I cannot give you a definite answer because I have neither seen them or tried.

But generally I'd say there is two options. Maybe possible you can swap the rails and hinge section  from one seat to the other. (This is possible on eg/ek/delsol seats as i have done it)

Failing that I would say cut the brackets from the rail and reweld in the correct position. Using the brackets from the civic seat of required.

Thats great thanks for the advice.

Looks like i will have to pull out the seats from both cars and turn them upside to compare and see if the rails can be swapped over...hopefully☺

I hope more members will still notice this thread for more input...

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks

Yes thats the main thread ive read many times good info in there but still left me clueless on how to go about...

Like i said i will pull out the seats in both cars this weekend and see whats what underneath..

Cheers

• Like 1

Only real way to tell mate is getting them side by side so you can see what are (if any) the difference. You can swap the rails if need be, and also should be able to swap the seat bases over if required. If none of these look like they will allow you to fit them, then the last thing you can do is remove the seat cover and foam base, and fit to your civic seats. Doing it that way though is very time consuming and fiddly as I retrimmed the seats in my civic MA8 with OEM leather from Honda (new old stock). 

I think the reason the definitive answer is quite elusive is that there are variations in the seats depending on year etc for both Honda and Rover/MG. Some civic mb (rear) seats don't fit in other civic mb's, all down to year of manufacture.

Might be an idea to post up on the MGZS forum or MG Owners club forum too, as someone there may have done the opposite and fitted civic seats to their MGZS.

Let us know how you get on mate.

Dave thanks for that...i really appreciate the info and it makes sense too...

Will deffo give it a go...its just that we had decent weather last week but its decided to be a bit chilly wet now so i wasted a weekend cos of that...DOH!

• Haha 1

Well i had good look today by pulling the seats out from both cars and....after a good 10 minute stare on the bottlm of the seats....i gave up lol.

Everything looks pretty much different and not worth the hassle...well for me at least..

Such a shame to not be a direct fit as is the case with rover 400s.

From what i can see its uber rare for a set of leathers out of a 400 to come up for sale..

Only 1 set i can see (and a amazing looking one) on fleabay and its not even in uk lol...for left hand drive car and from germany DOH!!!

I will just flog the zs ones to fund a set of leathers from an mb to begin with...

I can see one decent set going for 120 but looks like it does needs a bit of restoring job..

If anyone comes on here with some for sale soon i hope they see this thread..

Thanks all, i got more replies than i thought...

On 3/5/2019 at 8:46 PM, kalvtec said:

Well i had good look today by pulling the seats out from both cars and....after a good 10 minute stare on the bottlm of the seats....i gave up lol.

Everything looks pretty much different and not worth the hassle...well for me at least..

Such a shame to not be a direct fit as is the case with rover 400s.

From what i can see its uber rare for a set of leathers out of a 400 to come up for sale..

Only 1 set i can see (and a amazing looking one) on fleabay and its not even in uk lol...for left hand drive car and from germany DOH!!!

I will just flog the zs ones to fund a set of leathers from an mb to begin with...

I can see one decent set going for 120 but looks like it does needs a bit of restoring job..

If anyone comes on here with some for sale soon i hope they see this thread..

Thanks all, i got more replies than i thought...

Stick up an ad in the wanted section mate. Also give Naz 10000RPM a message as he's one of our traders and has broke a lot of civic m's for spares. Might have a leather interior in stock 8-)