KiNK43

Random one. Anyone know if the handbrake (brake fault) light comes on at the same time as abs light?

Reason I ask. I currently have abs disconnected and my handbrake light is on all the time. 

I have checked for faults in the fluid reservoir cap and handbrake switch. Both are fine.

So wondering if I need to track down wiring fault or is it just because abs disconnected.

If your handbrake light doesn't turn off when you isolate the handbrake switch (disconnected) your woes are probably caused by the ABS being disconnected ?

Possibly altho. I'm positive on my last mb the lights were seperate.

Wondered if anyone knows for 100 percentsure if abs fault would bring in the handbrake light.

Know in DD when she had the faulty ABS sensor, it was only the ABS light that came on. Does the handbrake light not just double as a low brake fluid warning light? I'm 95% sure that's the only function of that light and it isn't connected to the ABS light mate.

Does it say in the owners handbook I wonder? Will need to look out DDs book, see what it says about the light in there. I was sure they weren't connected. Deffo didn't light up during abs fault.

• Like 1

If there not connected I've got a fault on the loom Somewhere. I've had the carpet up and even took fuse box out it's all fine. Must be engine side. When you let handbrake off light dims slightly but doesn't go out. I'll get to the bottom of it