Rust rot, aerodeck

VTIDanny

Question

Hello guys, so I've just spent a fortune having alot of rust cut out here there and everywhere on the underside of my aerodeck, just wondering how under the drivers footwell were the are 2 pieces of metal factory sealed managed to hold so much water? The inside footwell was dry and had no signs! Any help would be great, just don't fancy it happening again

11 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Oh dear good luck with that. The joys of old cars mate.

Thanks mate  think I've got a front sticking caliper or a goosed wheel bearing one or the 2, I'm having trouble even finding any of them! All the calipers I'm getting are for 262 not 282 and I can't put my finger on a wheel bearing haha

I believe it comes in via the windscreen mate. Badly sealed in the first instance. Then they seem to rust under the windscreen on the corners. And more water gets in. 

Pretty much every m I viewed when buying mine had rust on that seam.

Edited by KiNK43

It had rust around the bonnet hinge/ scuttle panel area that was sorted out mate, so I should just have the window took out and resealed you think?

22 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

I believe it comes in via the windscreen mate. Badly sealed in the first instance. Then they seem to rust under the windscreen on the corners. And more water gets in. 

Pretty much every m I viewed when buying mine had rust on that seam.

scuttle panel area that was sorted out mate, so I should just have the window took out and resealed you think? I don't understand how it seeps down some are to rest and try and escape from the area I've had cut out 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, KiNK43 said:

If your set on curing it. I'd say so. New screen on insurance maybe?

Possible you'll find more rust tho under the screen.

I think that will be my best bet mate, thank you! Onto a new problem not water in the spare wheel well had this on my ek4 it was light seals, these don't have them so I've read 

Wheel bearings are same as other civics 92-00 try jap service parts.

Calipers are available. But tbh. I had both fronts seized a few months from car sitting around. I baught 2 new piston kits off eBay. 1 hours work really easy to change problem solved.

32 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Wheel bearings are same as other civics 92-00 try jap service parts.

Calipers are available. But tbh. I had both fronts seized a few months from car sitting around. I baught 2 new piston kits off eBay. 1 hours work really easy to change problem solved.

Do you have a link for the kit you got Jake?