Hi, I have recently bought a 1996 N reg MA9 which I really like, has been lightly modded but I'd like it as stock as possible seeing as it is the eco model (already very impressed with the MPG for something so old, has done over 200 miles on 20quid of fuel)

It has some kind of cheap aftermarket induction kit installed.

Does anyone know where I can source a stock airbox for cheap? Or if anyone knows any other models that use the same airbox, can't find on internet (seems pointless having an induction kit on the economy vtec-e d15z3 engine and the MOT is soon and don't want it to fail on emissions)

• 1 month later...

Heres some photos from when I got it, started to refurb the steel wheels with anti rust paint but in doing so noticed the spare was noticeably smaller (the painted one pictured)

Got an airbox for 15 quid in the end including the bottom section.

Will post more recent photos when I get the chance as Ive since put some 90s Honda alloys on it which look much better

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

Hi mate

Get some mg zs 16"  hairpin wheels they look awesome on civics...

Not expensive either can be had for 100 or less..

Ive got them on my mb2 had them powdercoated gunmetal...

Heres a pic for inspiration.

Screenshot_2019-12-11-18-35-27.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gusdolding said:

Ps any idea what that thing on the front wing is? they were on there when I bought it

That's one of those daft bumper quick release things that are every boy racer must haves! lol They are apparently inspired by similar things fitted to race cars/rally/drift cars where they make front/rear bumper removal after a bump quick and easy. On a road car, they just look daft in my opinion. Drilling a hole into the front wing to fit them is just creating another spot for rust to start. I'd remove them anf ill the holes mate, would look much cleaner and tidier. The alloys look much better than them steels! Deffo an improvement. :cool:

3 hours ago, kalvtec said:

Hi mate

Get some mg zs 16"  hairpin wheels they look awesome on civics...

Not expensive either can be had for 100 or less..

Ive got them on my mb2 had them powdercoated gunmetal...

Heres a pic for inspiration.

Screenshot_2019-12-11-18-35-27.png

Spot on! Those look amazing, and really do suit our civics mate. Nice!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is after a bit of a clean as MOT in a few days (wheels really brightened up!)

have noticed this pictured puddle in the spare wheel well, have dried it out but could not see any obvious point of entry, is this a common problem on M’s?  Has anyone had to deal with it before?

CE0B998A-F3EC-49D3-86AC-5C941B818DED.jpeg

7D8A977B-F675-412E-989A-90F320DD40F1.jpeg

9092C210-DF4F-40A9-B9A7-F8D19C0AF48A.jpeg