• 3 months later...

During lockdown I’ve had the time to do a few little odd jobs on the car.

Did the valve clearances, made very little difference as they really weren’t far off at all already, snapped two bolts on the rocker cover though like a bell end :( have the replacements from Honda just waiting on a bolt removal kit to be delivered.

Ive taken the alloys off as the tyres are terrible (had to brake sharply in the wet and it was locking up way too easily)

The steels have Pirelli’s with plenty of tread so I just sprayed em black to freshen them up a bit, quite pleased with how they look on the car actually.

And I have solved the dreaded drooping headliner by reupholstering with an old curtain that was lying around.

Am obviously not going for speed with this car as is pointless with the engine it’s got although if I find some MG suspension cheap enough I may change that at some point.

D68B31B7-33D5-4BFB-BE76-D28B443973BA.jpeg

EE3B1754-E8CC-45B9-99C7-26E415685227.jpeg

0F6EFDBD-097F-4E2C-A7D7-9F255B9A6267.jpeg

• Like 1

Now that's an unusual roof lining! 10 out of 10 for ingenuity mate. The roof linings on the 5 doors seems to do this for some reason, although not seen many aerodecks doing it. Feel your pain with the rocker cover bolts bud, I had exaqctly the same on Ruby and have still got one I need to drill out on DD. Funny thing is, bth bolts that snapped were the brand new replacement bolts I bought from Honda! Bought a set for Ruby and set for DD as i was detailing the engine bay. Was totally raging!

Let me know how you get on drilling yours out as same engine as mine so will be interesting to see how it goes. Deffo something I need to do with DD but scared I screw it up and bugger the head!

blowupsmiley.gif

3 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

They snap so easily. Only need to do the cover nuts up to 7nm or something like that. Not tight at all.

Yes, problem \i had was my torque wrench was mega old (probably from the 70's) and wasn't actually working correctly........which I found out when it just kept tightening instead of clicking when at correct torque. lol  :-o It's long gone, replaced with a nice shiney new one. Like you say, they don't need much torque at all to make the seal.