Brake lines/pipes

VTIDanny

Question

hello guys me again as per, come along to do my front brake discs, calipers and braided brake hose lines this weekend as my front caliper has siezed so I tjaught if do a full overhaul. Only to come across the front right brake line were it meets the brake flexi pipe (what Il replace woth briaded lines) it's so rusty I can't get it undone so my only option is to cut it off and replace the brake line that leads to the abs module, just wondering if you can buy them lines new still or have to make one from scratch? Also do you know what type of flair the ends are if So? Cheers

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, VTIDanny said:

hello guys me again as per, come along to do my front brake discs, calipers and braided brake hose lines this weekend as my front caliper has siezed so I tjaught if do a full overhaul. Only to come across the front right brake line were it meets the brake flexi pipe (what Il replace woth briaded lines) it's so rusty I can't get it undone so my only option is to cut it off and replace the brake line that leads to the abs module, just wondering if you can buy them lines new still or have to make one from scratch? Also do you know what type of flair the ends are if So? Cheers

Hi Danny

Doubtful they still make them new for off the shelf so you'll need to get one made up. If they do still have them on the shelf then It'll be a Honda dealership part. Most garages should be able to make one up for you but you will either need to take the car to them (which will be difficult as no brakes!) or see if you can remove the pipe and take it with you. Shouldn't cost that much as that's a fairly short pipe.