B18 starts then dies instantly

dmrichards

Question

Hi

I've been looking all over the internet to find out possible causes/solutions to this issue I'm currently having with my vti aerodeck.

Its got the factory B18c4 engine that I've put a turbo on. Nothing internally has been changed. Just bigger 'grams 750cc' injectors, skunk2 Pro series inlet and throttle, exhaust and hondata s300.

I'm also having problems with my skunk2 throttle body sticking but I don't believe this to be causing the other problem.

So what I've tried so far:

Removed and cleaned the throttle
set up the TPS sensor
removed and cleaned the Idle control valve
checked and cleaned my earths
removed the main relay, this has no signs of any issues and my fuel pump primes with the ignition on.
I've re uploaded the map from my tuner
adjusted my idle and throttle cable

I'm yet to change my ignition switch, as soon as that turns up that will be changed and I will update.

The finial thing I checked was my vacuum hoses, I did this by spraying carb cleaner around various spots around the vacuum hoses/inlet to see if the engine note changed.

This did around the back of my inlet, around the various vacuum fittings that come on the back of the skunk2 inlet. I've got a AEM sensor in the back for my boost gauge. I'm hoping something has worked loose and is drawing in excessive air. But I'm not holding out much luck.

Has anyone had similar problems and if so what cured the problem for yourself?

Thank's,
Dan.

2 hours ago, noodels said:

Try swapping the TB back to oem 5 mins,maybe a bleed channel blocked or not have  one !!

I'm pretty sure I got rid of the old throttle! But I've spoken to skunk2 and fingers crossed I should be getting a replacement 

well it fired up this morning and just about kept its idle. it seemed to struggle abit for around 30 seconds. but the idle is to high it started around 1k from cold and once it was warm it was around 1.5k. i suppose for now i will leave it untill ive got the replacement throttle body. I'm also picking up a new daily this weekend, I loved the diesel civic i had, my dad has had that from me hence me getting this replacement. 

Mine struggles cold aswell. Not sure why.  It does idle but probably ticks over about 600 rpm and gradually creeps up over the first 30 seconds. I'll look into it soon.

What new daily are you getting??

On 11/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, KiNK43 said:

Mine struggles cold aswell. Not sure why.  It does idle but probably ticks over about 600 rpm and gradually creeps up over the first 30 seconds. I'll look into it soon.

What new daily are you getting??

once ive got the new throttle on ill swap the idle control valve over just in case its that. then if it still does it maybe some petrol and a match? haha. 

picking a 2011 honda accord type s tourer on saturday, 2.2 diesel 

• Like 1

its a lovely drive, theres not many of the type s models about for sale though. but i'd hold out because the spec is great. The only gripe i've got is that the bluetooth system is s**te. its a pain to connect your phone, you can't stream any music. im going to give it a full service in the new year and maybe look at getting a remap once the warranty has expired. 

4 hours ago, dmrichards said:

its a lovely drive, theres not many of the type s models about for sale though. but i'd hold out because the spec is great. The only gripe i've got is that the bluetooth system is s**te. its a pain to connect your phone, you can't stream any music. im going to give it a full service in the new year and maybe look at getting a remap once the warranty has expired. 

I put one of these in the wife's CM2 accord, with the Bluetooth option. They do a few other devices, so not all with the ipod connection

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=249&cat=3&page=1