ABS not working, no ABS light on

Dexter

Aerodeck VTi abs not working. When breaking hard, instead of applying abs the pedal suddenly goes in deeper and locks the brakes. No abs light, no fault codes. No fluid leaks in the system. I did get the brake lines replaced last spring, so might have something to do with the issue. I've checked the lines and made sure everything has been done properly and every line goes where they are supposed to. Any idea what might cause the abs system to malfunction, without turning on the abs light?

11 hours ago, noodels said:

wheel bearing ?

Can a worn bearing affect abs on all wheels? Last time i had to have one replaced abs was working fine. And i haven't noticed any noise but might as well give all corners a little shake next time i get the deck on a lift.

• 1 month later...

Here Andrew, have you still got your Aerodeck or was this on the S2K? Know you had your MC2 up for sale a while ago but never knew if you'd sold it or kept it?

Just shows the effect a doggy wheel bearing can have eh!

• 2 months later...

Update: this winter i've noticed that on very slippery conditions and on slow speeds, the abs works intermittently. Let's say i'm going down a icy road at 40km/h (25mph), jam the breaks, and the abs will go on and off multiple times during the duration of the braking. So kind of works but... lacks power? Could it be the abs pump on its way out?

15 hours ago, Dexter said:

Update: this winter i've noticed that on very slippery conditions and on slow speeds, the abs works intermittently. Let's say i'm going down a icy road at 40km/h (25mph), jam the breaks, and the abs will go on and off multiple times during the duration of the braking. So kind of works but... lacks power? Could it be the abs pump on its way out?

TBH mate, mine on Ruby was the same. If it was a really icy bit of road, even doing 10mph the abs would go like crazy but the car would still be going forwards. ABS is crap on icy or really slippy roads.