Hi guys, just wondering what MB6/MC2’s are out there for sale... mine is starting to have a few issues with it and engine isn’t sounding the best... so toying with the idea of getting the same model in hatch or estate with respectable mileage and not been messed about with too much, that way I can transfer a few of my current parts over and start again on a new base.

love the idea of blue but beggars can’t be choosers haha!!!

Yours really that bad mate? High miler?

170,000m but engine knocks under load, needs steering rack, clutch, ton of bodywork... head unit and clock black out whenever they fancy, needs front arch liners, steering wheel falling apart, interior generally tatty... I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the little bits that need doing with the little time I get, with a bathroom and a kitchen to fit at home, as well as work and a 1 year old I’m finding I’ve let the deck go a bit. Would love to bring it back to life but enthusiasm has gone a little because I don’t get the time

• Like 1

Think enthusiasm is even worse at this time of year, all the Christmas stuff/weather too cold to do stuff to the cars and cars constantly filthy. I find the whole of winter just bloody depressing! 

The MB6/MC2's are getting hard to find for sale now but they do crop up from time to time. Low/reasonable milers are starting to command higher prices (whether they actually get those prices is another thing!). Keep us updated with your search mate, and I'll keep a look out see whats out there

• Like 1

That's a shame mate getting old ain't they.

Your engine knock tho. If it was bearing failure it would last five minutes. 

Might be worth checking ignition timing etc. Might have a bit of pinking/det going on under load.

• Like 1

@Dave you’re right the time of year deffo doesn’t help... all periods either side of work are dark as well! I have noticed the price increase too, even with some that are not all that clean either!!

@KiNK43 ah ok, that’s definitely worth a shot I suppose... valve clearances as well maybe?

• Like 1

If you want it, I've got a spare spare steering wheel without air bag? 

• Haha 1

@dr_broon what’s a spare spare, is that like a spare steering wheel for your spare car?? 

is it an original steering wheel? Can I swap the airbag into it or is that a big no go??

4 minutes ago, snakey135 said:

@dr_broon what’s a spare spare, is that like a spare steering wheel for your spare car?? 

is it an original steering wheel? Can I swap the airbag into it or is that a big no go??

:D

So I bought a job lot of spares off ebay a while ago, and it was in that. Yeah, it's an original one. 

I've got my old one from when I fitted the momo one, so the other one is a spare spare :cool:

As far as I know you can swap the air bag over, unless someone else knows otherwise. 

@dr_broon ok mate, have you got any photos of it? Or just let me know what condition it’s in?

also if anyone could lead me to a guide to remove and replace it would be great!

No probs, it's in the loft but I'll be heading up there for Christmas decorations in the next few days. 

I'm sure I used a how to from here for swapping mine. 

Swapping them is a doddle mate, especially like for like. Most important thing (other than making sure you do the nut up tight after fitting!) is making sure the battery has been left disconnected for at least 20 mins to allow the charge to discharge from the airbag. Should only take you Around 5 mins to remove/refit mate

@dr_broon thanks mate, no rush... if I decide to take it off your hands what do you want for it??

And cheers for the link!! Saves me searching... I don’t tend to be very good at looking for particular “how to’s”... takes me an age to find anything!! 

@Dave ok yeah, I’ll make sure I disconnect first... or is there a fuse I could remove that does the same job I wonder.

Anyways, first wash since I put her back on the road... looking much better and has given me a bit of love back so whilst I’m in this frame of mind hopefully I progress with some issues!

FD853ADA-F928-44E5-AD6B-D77A2B9C4692.jpeg.bbbde1bd337ce1180a81afc5b10f32e5.jpeg

39957472-4D3A-4729-9B62-AAC545C88BCD.jpeg.d0c4ccce6acbcc345dafdd1ce131e81a.jpeg

2A2AB7A2-7CE0-472C-A425-4B80B19662E6.jpeg.00512634759f5fdecdc5cc8c23db7f82.jpeg

E658C242-BAE2-4B0F-81C0-DDB553BDA427.jpeg.24ee2dac4d290ef60f716bc77a1105cf.jpeg

EC220388-AA81-4750-98C9-3546BDED9028.jpeg.da0ee639509bdd6f96cf2ff12df2a7aa.jpeg

• Like 1

Just seen this on Facebook...

Screenshot_20191204_084041_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20191204_084038_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 1

nice Find @KiNK43 ... however, I think I’m over my ‘depressed’ phase and back on track with my mind set for this one :-D

time to trawl through the many how to’s on the forum to bring myself back up to scratch!! 

• Like 2

Just realised all this chat is in the MB6/MC2 thread i started and not in my build thread!! rlol.gif1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snakey135 said:

@dr_broon thanks mate, no rush... if I decide to take it off your hands what do you want for it??

And cheers for the link!! Saves me searching... I don’t tend to be very good at looking for particular “how to’s”... takes me an age to find anything

Dunno, fiver plus postage? I'd be pretty unlucky to ever need a spare spare steering wheel [smash.gif]

@dr_broon sounds perfect to me mate, I’m sure it can’t be any worse than mine but I’ll confirm one I see it pal ok

Edited by snakey135
Spelling, duh!!
  • Like 1